Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2000 has the auto headlights a couple years ago they quit working the parking lamps still come on and go off with the switch in auto. Does anybody know what I need to look at?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Go run an EATC diagnostic:
Push both OFF and FLOOR buttons simultaneously, then press AUTO within two seconds.

To exit the self-test and retain all intermittent DTCs, press the "—" (cooler) side of the TEMP button. The RCC module will exit the self-test and retain all intermittent DTCs.

To exit the self-test and clear all DTCs, press the front defrost button. All RCC module DTCs will be cleared.

Always exit the self-test before powering the system down (system turned off).
Intermittent DTCs will be deleted after 80 ignition switch ON cycles after the intermittent condition occurs.

Codes
(Hard)(Intermittent)
024 025 Temperature Blend Door Failure or Short
031 033 In-Vehicle Temperature Sensor Open
030 032 In-Vehicle Temperature Sensor Short to Ground
041 043 Ambient Temperature Sensor Open
040 042 Ambient Temperature Sensor Short to Ground
051 053 Solar Radiation Sensor Open
050 052 Solar Radiation Sensor Short to Ground
--- 115 SCP Invalid Engine Coolant Signal
--- 125 SCP Invalid Vehicle Speed Signal
--- 195 ACP Communication Error Between Integrated Control Panel and Remote Climate Control Module

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go run an EATC diagnostic:
Push both OFF and FLOOR buttons simultaneously, then press AUTO within two seconds.

To exit the self-test and retain all intermittent DTCs, press the "—" (cooler) side of the TEMP button. The RCC module will exit the self-test and retain all intermittent DTCs.

To exit the self-test and clear all DTCs, press the front defrost button. All RCC module DTCs will be cleared.

Always exit the self-test before powering the system down (system turned off).
Intermittent DTCs will be deleted after 80 ignition switch ON cycles after the intermittent condition occurs.

Codes
(Hard)(Intermittent)
024 025 Temperature Blend Door Failure or Short
031 033 In-Vehicle Temperature Sensor Open
030 032 In-Vehicle Temperature Sensor Short to Ground
041 043 Ambient Temperature Sensor Open
040 042 Ambient Temperature Sensor Short to Ground
051 053 Solar Radiation Sensor Open
050 052 Solar Radiation Sensor Short to Ground
--- 115 SCP Invalid Engine Coolant Signal
--- 125 SCP Invalid Vehicle Speed Signal
--- 195 ACP Communication Error Between Integrated Control Panel and Remote Climate Control Module
For the headlights?:scratchhe

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Yea...the only reason I ask, because the sunload sensor on the dashboard routes through the computer for the EATC. The EATC and the AutoLamp system run through the same sensor. Just run the test and report back if you get any codes :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, came across this post this morning...My 2000 Taurus has the auto headlights also and when in Auto, they will never turn anything on.
I have never heard of the EATC self-test, so I will give it a try and see what it comes up with. I was actually looking for info realted to the ABS/Traction Control, but this is interesting as well.
Thanks

Edit: When in Auto, the lights are always on, even in full sun. The off, parking, and "on" selectors work as intended.
Results from EATC are 051 053. Not sure what that means...

Edit 2: http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/117...47-my-autolamps-fixed-gen-4-autolamp-fix.html

·
Registered
1 Posts
Issues

Hello, I ran this diagnostic test on my 2000 Ford Taurus SEL, and received the following Codes. 024 052 and then cleared those codes, and ran it again and got 024 025. I recently had the Blend Door Actuator replaced, and that didn't fix the issue.. Do you have any idea what could be causing the issue

My problems are similar to others, Auto headlights only turn on Parking Lights, and also the Heat and air is stuck on Heat, and never goes to air, even when set at 60.

Edit: Along with the Blend Door Actuator, i have also replaced the Sunload Sensor.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Hello, I ran this diagnostic test on my 2000 Ford Taurus SEL, and received the following Codes. 024 052 and then cleared those codes, and ran it again and got 024 025. I recently had the Blend Door Actuator replaced, and that didn't fix the issue.. Do you have any idea what could be causing the issue

My problems are similar to others, Auto headlights only turn on Parking Lights, and also the Heat and air is stuck on Heat, and never goes to air, even when set at 60.

Edit: Along with the Blend Door Actuator, i have also replaced the Sunload Sensor.
On the blend door actuator, try resetting car battery (pull off the cabe and wait 15 min and reconnect) if you have digital controls. I find that this works because for some reason the computer forgets setting sometimes. Ford Mechanic told me it was a good fix and I've done it twice in two years and solved my problem. He said Ford was aware of the problem but had no fix for it. My problem was it would get stuck in the hot position and blow hot air.

Also, on the auto headlights just try getting another control from the junkyard or new. It pops out and replace it. Cheap fix and may solve your problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts