Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just changed my rotor and pads on the front driver's side of my 96 GL. I took the car for a spin and at first everything seemed normal. Car got up to speed very nicely and was running very smooth. I came to a complete stop, went to take off and the brakes started grinding. I had to rev the engine at 3k just to get home. I'm guessing the caliper is stuck but I'm not sure. Any ideas?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yeah, caliper is definitely sticking. It may be time for a new one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My bet is on the rubber, older lines that get manipulated during a brake job (just by moving the caliper out of the way) can be damaged causing an internal crack in the rubber, the influx of brake fluid into that crack and the introduction of heat can cause that line to swell shut. Try compressing the caliper with the line on, then with the line off. if it compresses with the line off, your hose is the culprit.

·
Registered
564 Posts
I would go back and make sure it was all reassembled correctly and that the slide pins are loose and lubricated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.