Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the owner of a 1997 Taurus GL with 134,000 miles. I must admit for a car of this age it is in pretty good shape and seems to run well..so far. I am writing in hopes of hearing what to watch out for as this will be my daily driver. I have been told this is a strong engine that will last, but I want to be prepared for any pitfalls.

I do have a few items that I need help in finding to repair:

1. The driver seat back is broken and needs replaced. Where can I find the replacement for the GL trim in grey leather with air bag lumber. Guessing the bag was over inflated and busted the back of the seat out.
2. It is missing both of the twin dome lights, guessing the prior owner did not read how to fix if they remained on and just removed them.
3. Door panel "push pin" style clips. Door panel keeps coming off
4. Replacent rectangular door on the left hand side of the flip fold center console. The hinge is broken
5. OEM Cd changer was trunk mounted, wiring is there but changer missing.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
#3 comes from the HELP section at autozone, bring an old clip

#4 & #5 from a junkyard is easiest

#1 & #2 take pics, someone here will probably have them

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have a 97 GL with the leather seats sunroof too, they were quite rare! For #1, those leather GL seats with the lumbar actually came form the LX models of the same years so just find a 96-99 LX with leather and it should swap over just fine. As for #4, LOL!! good luck finding a non-broken cassette tape compartment lid. They always, always, ALWAYS break!! As for #2 what lights do you mean? If you have the factory sunroof you'll have 2 map lights at the front of the roof, is that what you mean?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts