Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happened this morning while I was going to work. I was haulin and hit a red light. Up next to me pulls up a mid/late 90s Crown Vic all pimped. I wasn't even thinking race. During the red,he creeped up a foot or so. So I creeped up to. Don't know why. Still wasn't thinking race. Light turns green and off I go. Not WOT,but probably between half and 3/4 throttle. The Vic starts to Pull me,so I go WOT and the race is on. We stayed even pretty much till about 70 when I started to creep on him,and he shut it down.
I was kinda torqed off after,since my A/C didn't shut down during the run,and I didn't notice getting that 3500 rpm and up TEC pull, yet at the next light it did it at 1/2 throttle. <_< Figures.
So what do ya think?

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Nice, at least you got him.

Same thing happened to me tonight. i was at a light waiting to leave the parking lot at work. I was sitting there forever and getting impatient. A girl from work pulls up next to me in a civic and we both wait for the green. I wasn't even thinking race and when the light turns green i go and round the corner. I notice her pulling away faster than usuall and I hear the engine reving high, so I drop the hammer and smoke past her. lol

I also raced a beat up gen2 sho with 3 kids in it toe other day, i pulled on him pretty good in the low rpm's but then when his rev's started to climb he pulled on me, and the cycle started all over again after each shift. haha. This thing was a beater though, and it blew mad smoke out of the tailpapes when he went WOT.

S

·
0 Posts
Sounds like a nice Tease... I would take em on. Be like...

"Hey, what's up? That thing quick? Wanna run?"

then afterwards be like:

"Nice run, too bad I beat you... we should go again another time!"

he he he, thats how mine always go anyhow. It's always fun!

SableSal

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Originally posted by SableSal@Jul 25 2004, 10:50 PM
Sounds like a nice Tease... I would take em on. Be like...

"Hey, what's up? That thing quick? Wanna run?"

then afterwards be like:

"Nice run, too bad I beat you... we should go again another time!"

he he he, thats how mine always go anyhow. It's always fun!

SableSal
Damn man, the only people that will talk to me after a race are other taurus drivers, nobody else will give me the time of day. And I've only lost to one taurus, it was a 3rd gen SHO way back when I first started modding my taurus, I think all I had was a hot air intake at the time and I believe I lost by a bus length or two. :oops:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts