flowmaster 40s

[attachment=33231:GetAttachment.jpg]

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Sweet, get a video up :)

#4 ·
QUOTE (Eric1987 @ May 23 2010, 03:56 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=806237
I want my exhaust to look like that on my Taurus. Is that only mufflers or what? And where did you get it at and for how much?[/b]
i had the 3rd cat and resonator removed. its true duals with two flowmaster 40 series mufflers. i got it at a place called arrow truck and muffler in hertford nc. the guy has a bunch of sho's so he was perfect for the job it took 2 days for him to do it and it ran 500 bucks

#6 ·
QUOTE (Eric1987 @ May 23 2010, 11:10 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=806267
What size piping did you get? And you have an X pipe on there now? Was there an O2 sensor in that cat you removed? And get a sound clip on here![/b]
O2 sensors are not on the third cat.

Also... True dual??? Post some pics bud!

#7 ·
Are you located out near the OBX?

#9 ·
#17 ·
That sounds AWESOME!

#19 ·
Can we can a pic of the pipes coming off the cats? I'm still a bit skeptical on the "TRUE DUAL" aspect. btw, your check engine light is on.... might that have something to do with the exhaust? Without a proper tune, you may actually be losing power due to a lack of scavenging. It does sound good though.

As far as that wire goes, there is a grommet on the side wall btween the ebrake pedal and the sjb I used for the hood pin switch on my starter.

#20 ·
Looks like you did away with the stock y-pipe, as well as the 3rd cat. Here's where you might be a little upset. Ford put the cat for the rear cylinders on the rear exhaust manifold, and not the y-pipe, so you still have 1 cat on the car. Probably not all that balanced at the moment. :noes:

#22 ·
3 cylinders are exhaling through a straight pipe, and 3 are exhaling through a cat. Not balanced.

He either needs to have a cat on each cylinder bank, or none. In the case of a G4 duratec, putting the stock cat back on the front cylinder bank is a FAR easier solution than trying to remove the rear cat.

Your vulcan has 2 cats, both located on the front y-pipe. In comparison, your g3 y-pipe has a much nicer design than the 4th gen y-pipes.

#24 ·
QUOTE (Eric1987 @ May 25 2010, 01:58 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=806733
Solution? Wouldnt that limit airflow? I could see it balanced but it cant be better with both exhaust banks being limited.[/b]
Negligibly... a balance engine runs better than a off-balance engine.

#25 ·
QUOTE (Eric1987 @ May 25 2010, 12:58 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=806733
Solution? Wouldnt that limit airflow? I could see it balanced but it cant be better with both exhaust banks being limited.[/b]
The stock cats are not that restrictive. It's the y-pipe collector that's the problem.

Also, have you ever tried removing the rear manifold/cat on a G4 duratec? You come very close to removing the whole engine just to get to it. Making a catless rear exhaust manifold work (from a g3) is a whole other can of worms.

#26 ·
QUOTE (FFVulcanPowah @ May 25 2010, 10:35 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=806766
QUOTE (Eric1987 @ May 25 2010, 12:58 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=806733
The stock cats are not that restrictive. It's the y-pipe collector that's the problem.

Also, have you ever tried removing the rear manifold/cat on a G4 duratec? You come very close to removing the whole engine just to get to it. Making a catless rear exhaust manifold work (from a g3) is a whole other can of worms.
[/b][/quote]

That is a nice sounding car, I am going to do the same thing but I'm puting on a muffler with a dual pips comeing off of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.