Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I had my camera out today, I thought I'd finally throw up some pictures of my madness.

This is my shiny, clean engine bay... when I'm on cocaine. Note the dripping JB weld from where I torqued my composite UIM down to aluminum specs. I'm really glad I didn't break anything runner-wise.

This is my 'tec TB and MAF, complete with my composite adapter that I cut out of some plastic... I don't really know what it was supposed to be, but I got a good chunk of it for a decent price. The most important thing is 60mm > 50mm.

And here is my piping into the fender. I tried using a specter silicone coupling, but it kept sliding off when I tried to fit my PVC elbow in there, so I decided on cutting off the bigger part of my old accordion intake tube and epoxying it onto my airbox. The clamp is only there for peace of mind, though if the epoxy let go, the clamp would just slide off. I put some tape over one of the old vacuum line spots, because I didn't want it sucking in warm air and disrupting my flow. I don't know if it's working, but it's still hilarious using duct tape on a car.

This all just goes to show that you can modify anything you want without actually knowing anything about what you're doing.

·
Registered
809 Posts
:D Everyone makes mistakes.(intake bolt issue) Looks like a work in progress. Did you notice any more power with these mods? Was it worth the effort or just marginally better? 0-60 time any better?

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (mh488 @ Jun 3 2010, 10:40 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808965
:D Everyone makes mistakes. Looks like a work in progress. Did you notice any more power with these mods? Was it worth the effort or just marginally better? 0-60 time any better?[/b]
It is a work in progress. I've got posts all over with my plans for this beast. I'm hoping for SHO-level performance with the low-down torque of an old fashioned pushrod.

And yes, when my transmission decides to behave, this thing takes off. I haven't timed anything yet. Once all the other work is done, it's getting dyno tuned. Then I'll post what numbers it's putting out, and stick my slip up on the fridge. Once the tranny's re-done to whatever power I turn out, then I'll take it to the track and see how it does.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
My name is FFVulcanPowah, and I approve of this engine bay. :thumb:

Did you drill out and re-use the metal inserts in the UIM? They help keep things rigid, when you tighten down the UIM. :)

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (FFVulcanPowah @ Jun 3 2010, 01:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=808994
My name is FFVulcanPowah, and I approve of this engine bay. :thumb:

Did you drill out and re-use the metal inserts in the UIM? They help keep things rigid, when you tighten down the UIM. :)[/b]
Yeah, I drilled them out. Nice & firm that way. I tried to get a pic of my mangled EGR tube, but my camera kept focusing on other bits & pieces, and sometimes my thumb.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ha! I'm not the only one who uses duct tape on my car (adds "Character" :rolleyes2: ).

But really, this looks fun. I could get into this.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts