Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know some people had been asking on how to do the flip down to floor shifter console mod, so i though i would do a little write up.

First i have to give a big s/o to DLC360 for telling me how to do it, Thanks again!

Ok, so you'll need a screwdriver, and a socket wrench set, i think the only one you need is a 7mm. (not completely sure)

1. Remove the 4 screws inside of the storage compartment.

2. Remove the 2 screws on the outside of the storage compartment.

3. Lift the back and slide it into the back seat. This will remove it from the dash and shifter. You may have the console air duct for rear air, just toss the duct work becasue its to hard to change the under dash piece to get that to work in your car.

4. Remove the four bolts holding the console bracket to the floor. YOU WILL NEED THIS to put the console in your car.

5. When removing flip-down console, just remove the black tray, and remove the four bolts there. There will be a metal plate under 2 of the bolts, remove it, you wont need it.

6. Put in the mounting bracket where the flip down mounted, put the console on top of that, and your good to go.

- I filled in the shifter hole with a ziplock container for the time being, I actually sort of like it, but was kind of just thrown together.
- Also, just stuff the seat belt under the console

And if you want to turn it into a gauge pod, Here is DLC360's way of doing things:

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/116-aesthetics-interior-wheels-tires/160475-floor-shift-console-conversion-how.html

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/116-aesthetics-interior-wheels-tires/160262-console-mod-03-red-wagon.html

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
THANKS for the addition / credit on your post. Its good to see other options to a cool conversion.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Couldn't have done it without your help! Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
papousaidonlyford
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing