Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of ya have any good ways to remove the salt deposits that form on the rugs and floor carpeting during the winter???

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah a pressure washer!
[/b]
Ya right...Like the ones they use to pull graffiti off walls?? :lol2: ...If I didn't care about KEEPING the carpet, I'd just set fire to it :angryfire:

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
some placestill rent out carpet shapooers for your house should work just as weel for your car

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
Yeah a pressure washer!
[/b]
Ya right...Like the ones they use to pull graffiti off walls?? :lol2: ...If I didn't care about KEEPING the carpet, I'd just set fire to it :angryfire: [/b][/quote]

Like the kind at the car wash, conveniently located near the vacuums where you can suck the water out.

I've done it. If you don't want to make a mess though, you can pull the carpet out and take it down there and do like I did with the beetle's carpet.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
Yeah a pressure washer!
[/b]
Ya right...Like the ones they use to pull graffiti off walls?? :lol2: ...If I didn't care about KEEPING the carpet, I'd just set fire to it :angryfire: [/b][/quote]

Like the kind at the car wash, conveniently located near the vacuums where you can suck the water out.

I've done it. If you don't want to make a mess though, you can pull the carpet out and take it down there and do like I did with the beetle's carpet.
[/b][/quote]

After you get them clean, use some auto Scotch Guard to seal them...

·
Registered
66 Posts
If you have a steam cleaner you could just use that. My wife (girlfriend at the time) used her mothers to clean my car the one day as a surprise present. It worked great carpets looked as good as new. I think they run around 50-100 bucks for the smaller ones I could be wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
If you have a steam cleaner you could just use that. My wife (girlfriend at the time) used her mothers to clean my car the one day as a surprise present. It worked great carpets looked as good as new. I think they run around 50-100 bucks for the smaller ones I could be wrong.
[/b]
Thats what I used to do with my SHO! Every spring I'd steam clean the whole interior because the amount of salt build up was insane.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
You could do what I did, take a powerful wet/dry shop vac, a spray bottle with carpet cleaner (undilluted), a scrub brush, and a garden hose with a sprayer (not when it's freezing). Carefully wet the carpet with the hose (don't soak it), spray the carpet cleaner directly on it, and scrub with a brush, vaccum off, and lightly wet again with the hose, vaccum very well. This gets all the salt residue off, saves time, and helps carpet stay clean longer without the cleaner residue left on the carpet. Scotchguard when dry. I have those heavy rubber all weather mats in the front of mine, keeps mud and spilled soda from touching the clean carpets.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts