Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great ###### mood this morning. Hell of a way to get over a hangover....

[attachmentid=28595]

[attachmentid=28596]

[attachmentid=28597]

[attachmentid=28598]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Son of a...man that sucks :( Did they leave a note? You know who did it? Bummer.

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Son of a...man that sucks :( Did they leave a note? You know who did it? Bummer. [/b]
She came up after I was yelling things in the parking lot about cars coming up on flat tires....

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
<div class='quotemain'> Son of a...man that sucks :( Did they leave a note? You know who did it? Bummer. [/b]
She came up after I was yelling things in the parking lot about cars coming up on flat tires....
[/b][/quote]

well at least she didnt run, insurance should cover it on the bright side.

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> Son of a...man that sucks :( Did they leave a note? You know who did it? Bummer. [/b]
[/b][/quote]

well at least she didnt run, insurance should cover it on the bright side. [/b][/quote]

I just don't really want to deal with this right now.

On the plus side, the nearby Ford house has a body shop....

·
Registered
201 Posts
ouch man that sucks get a rental out of her while shes getting a transplant of a fender and door

·
Registered
402 Posts
Oh man that sucks. If I walked out to my car and found it like that I'd be like "mother ######' #### suckin' son of a #####, oh somebodies going die tonight". Actually something like this did happen to me. I swore for like 5 minutes nonstop. I have a low tolerance to vandalism to my bull. Well in your case at least the women stuck around.

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, there was several expletives involved. I was already searching the parking lot for red vehicles when she walked up.

Anyone got any idea on a repair estimate? I don't know if there is anything else behind that fender that could've been screwed. The door is tweaked pretty good, I can see daylight through the top of it, it pushed it out ~1/2 at the top edge.

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
That sucks man :(

Estimate....eh, when my car got backed into (rear quarter panel dented, needed paint on that side + part of door) it ended up being about $2000 for that work done by a dealership body shop.

You might be looking at 2000-3000 depending on the damage

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That sucks man :(

Estimate....eh, when my car got backed into (rear quarter panel dented, needed paint on that side + part of door) it ended up being about $2000 for that work done by a dealership body shop.

You might be looking at 2000-3000 depending on the damage [/b]

$1698.63 if the door doesnt have to be replaced. If it does, that goes up another grand.

Peachy

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
It just looks like a new fender and door to me - nothing too horrible.

If her insurance is paying for it (which it should), then who cares what the cost is.

If you're paying for it, find a silver fender and door in the junkyard and swap them out.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My car has a silver fender, i'll sell it to you. Im getting another one from the junkyard since im getting my car painted with my taxes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My 96 was backed into at my old job by the 'big' boss. Big PITA she was! She came and found me and was all like "So.. yeah, I kinda bumped your car". She expected me to not pursue legal action because she was the 'boss'. She acted like my car was affront to her rich nature.

I let her be as offended as she wanted to be. She stroked me a check for $500. I left the scuff marks there, got a new cell phone and a new purse. Score. For the rest of my time at that company every time she would see me she would ask about my "Tore-ass".

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Some kid once hit my car, and he tried to run, but my neighbor saw and stopped him, and got me. He drove like a few houses down before my neighbor stopped him (Already wrote his plate number and car down)

Was a year ago too, I came out, and the kid was shaking, his parents ended up paying out of pocket (Took my car to a Lincoln-Mercury dealership since my Ford dealership closed up) Got a free estimate... but I never got my car fixed... I got the money though :p

I will one day, get my door fixed... Maybe I should try a ding king :p

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Still haven't had any progress with getting the car fixed. The insurance company apparently didnt have a good phone number for her, so I had to leave a note on her door and wait for her to call. Also the damn insurance adjuster doesnt answer her phone. It went to voicemail until 2:30 yesterday, I left a message at 10am, and she didnt bother to call back.

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
Wow that really sucks. At least it wasn't a hit and run.

Can the door be fixed? It has a crease in the metal

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow that really sucks. At least it wasn't a hit and run.

Can the door be fixed? It has a crease in the metal [/b]
I don't see it getting fixed. :dunno: They seemed to think they would be able to.

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Guess I never updated this thread....

Insurance gave me **** for ~2 weeks saying the other party wouldn't answer the phone. I told the adjuster that it wasn't my problem and I would get a rental car of my choice the next day and send them the bill. She immediataly placed a 3-way call to the lady who hit my car, got an answer, and resolved it. Got the check 2 days later for $2,100. I bent the fender and door out to where it would open, but I still had a lot of wind noise. I just dealt with it for a few months while I looked for a replacement fender/door in the same color so I wouldn't have to get it painted.

I found the fender and door today, they go on tomorrow. Just happened to get them on 1/2 price day at the yard.

Total cost: $51.80

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
Was that at a Pick 'n' Pull location? As in >these< guys? I ask because I'm going to the store they have in northern Illinois tomorrow, and it's during a half-price Labor Day sale for the whole holiday weekend. Glad to hear that you're getting your car fixed up on the other driver's dime. That's a great price for a door and fender!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts