Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looks great! what retrofit did you do?
Morimoto h1 projectors, with the painted centennial mod as well. I plan on making the interior, puddle lamps, and license plate lights all led to help contribute to the white front head lights. Otherwise thanks :p

·
Registered
260 Posts
Did you ever get that wiring issue figured out or are you sticking with just low beam for the time being?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Did you ever get that wiring issue figured out or are you sticking with just low beam for the time being?
I talked to theretrofitsource tech and I am being sent a new wire harness as we speak. So I will see if that fixes the problem. If not I have another fellow on the Hid forums who will at least write up a diagram for me to make my own.

For the time being I am sticking with the low beams, which surprisingly is enough for me :p

I have posted night time pictures from behind the wheel to show how far they spread out. They are a 55w ballast with 4300k color bulbs. White enough for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
Edit didn't bump it up, I almost forgot about the output pics.

Looks like you got the bulb seated properly unlike most other people when they first installed them LoL. But judging from pic 5, it looks like you can aim them up more, your lower step is hitting the ground kinda early it looks like. Mine are aimed to where the upper step's cutoff is as parallel as can be with the road so the lower step still goes far but doesn't blind the other drivers which is awesome.

Also while driving on the interstate late at night you might get people that slow down and drive either along side you or behind you, I get that sometimes and I assume that they have never seen that much light from a Taurus... or any car for that matter LoL

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Looks like you got the bulb seated properly unlike most other people when they first installed them LoL. But judging from pic 5, it looks like you can aim them up more, your lower step is hitting the ground kinda early it looks like. Mine are aimed to where the upper step's cutoff is as parallel as can be with the road so the lower step still goes far but doesn't blind the other drivers which is awesome.

Also while driving on the interstate late at night you might get people that slow down and drive either along side you or behind you, I get that sometimes and I assume that they have never seen that much light from a Taurus... or any car for that matter LoL
Brights are simply amazing..lol and I can't remember if I upped the lights once more after I took the picture. I think I did, I compared them two a stock hid on another car and they were high up. Can't wait to drive on the interstate :p best retro I ever done, and thanks to you, and this site in general!

Well I was laughing one day in the car when I had my hid's in, I was actually covering a car's lighting to where you couldn't see their light, only mine. and the Mini's are defiantly bright, and the 55w make em brighter as well. Oh yeah and I took my time to get that bulb seated right! ;)

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Yeah man, nice setup! I'm probably going to be doing these to my dad's sport trac.

After driving around for a while I got used to my 6000K's. They are GREAT. I was afraid they'd be too blue, but they're just right.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts

This happens to me quite frequently :lol2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts