Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just last night I totaled my sable. Caught fire and took down a telephone pole. Looks like I'm out the game. Lost a lot of money. Lost whole stereo system 3 rcu's a pair of subs brand new components that weren't even opened in the trunk. Mach tweeters. Even my birth certificate and ss card were in the car for school purposes. Two iPod touches a blackberry and tools and everything I did or worked on the car all gone. Everything happened in a second.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm okay got out the E.R at 1:00am. And X-rays showed up that I had no broken bones but I feel sone fractured ribs. My right side hit the centered consel. So still recovery but a lot of pain.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
At least your going to be okay. You can replace the birth certificate and ss card, but it's a process. Do you have the reciepts for the items lost in the trunk? If so, and you have full coverage, you can make a claim. I would think it's part of comprehensive coverage. I wish I could get my hands on those front centercaps, mine are kinda messed up.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Assuming you are OK, my next question is HOW THE HELL DID THIS HAPPEN?!?! Your post gives little/no detail about the actual accident, and curious minds are wondering.................. ;-)

Seriously, Glad you are OK. Cars are replaceable. That's why we have insurance.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah it's all true but all I have is liability. Can't afford full coverage. Lost control on an s turn and hit the telephone pole. Like at 50-60 mph not a very sharp s turn at all but I'm an experienced driver. U know like know what to do to avoid an accident or to gain control of a car when loosing control. Actually if it in Azusa California the car is going for action at the impoun I think this satirdY but u gotta call Friday to get in the action if any are interested I'm sure u can get this car at really no cost I think. It's located at Jane towing. 1045 w. Kirkwill dr. Azusa California. Might be an error let me double check.

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
"Lost control". Hah. Too fast into a corner, hit brakes, got sideways, hit phone pole in just the right place to rupture the gas tank......

I always enjoy reports on car crashes that start with "A motorist was injured when his vehicle crashed into another vehicle/tree/bridge abutment/whatever......" taking responsibility away from a driver and placing it on the vehicle. I think it is more proper to call most vehicle collisions "crashes" rather than "accidents". Crashes usually are caused when someone is distracted or makes some sort of mistake.

Yesterday in Big Tujunga Canyon I saw a guy in a Civic who had spun and hit the mountainside. Probably overcooked it and hit his brakes at just the wrong spot. Lucky he didn't go over the side at a different location. I drive through the canyons every day and see way too many people who don't know how to drive on curvy roads.

Too bad about your losses. You are lucky you weren't badly hurt. Be careful out there

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah I won't be driven till I can afford another car. It l could of been worst my friend was in the passenger seat.

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
The engine and trans still look good! Seriously though, you don't have renter's insurance that would have covered your belongings during a move?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't pay for my insurance, my aunt takes care of that Nd all I know is thT I have geico Nd the only coverage was liability. And today we made the phone call to cancel the insurance.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Wow. Your a lucky man. That was a hard hit!

·
Registered
121 Posts
WOW! that suck. I had a truck start fire once, I just got done driving it and it wasn't running well so i took it home and shut it off and i heard a huge backfire and didn't think nothing of it. Then my grandma called me that lives right across the road and asked if i was burning trash and i said no then she told me that my truck was on fire!! So i ran out there and doused it with the garden hose and as i was doing that i was grabbing everything out of it i could lol. Truck was a total loss but the junkyard gave me what i paid for it so i wasn't out anything.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The junk yard I called said they'd pick it up and they would give me anything for it and I had to pay the tow fee to the towing place

1 - 20 of 21 Posts