Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is the scenario i was goign to work when some idiot slams on his brakes for no aparent reason causing me to rear end him well anyway look at the pics and let me know what u think i want to get it fixed because the car is in excellent shape or atleast was b4 the accident but its goign to cost me bout 900 to get the front fixed the damage is far beyond repair so they are going to cut my front end off and weld a new one on. i alredy have the hood and fender the rest is on its way. so is it worht it or not? also any suggestions on how i can keep the airbag light from coming on it was deployed during the accident and im not replacing it costs way to much so i hacked it out but the damn light is blinking non stop. any ideas? i was goign to just take the light out hhaha. thanks for the suggestions. btw how do u post more then one pic cuase i have no clue haha.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
here are some more pics cause idk how to add more then one. this one is with the bumper and hood off. as u can see the front is pretty f'd up thats y itll have to be cut off.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here is the airbag b4 i cut it off i need a new steering wheel center cause this one cracked in the crash.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah way ahead of u on that i got the perfect donor car at a local yard its same color and everything so i already had the quote from them its 400 for them to saw off the front end off the donor car and 500 for the body shop to put it on the rest im taking care of im going to see if i can the whole front end with the lights and all the clips and everything for a fair price that way its just a swap but i bought a sho bumper cause i want to do the conversion so idk yet. ur honest opinion save the bull or put it down i personally am going to save it i had planned on supercharging the thing i was gonig to purchase the sc the week of the accident some luck huh? i still plan on doing it just its on hold till this is fixed. so thanks again for the suggestions and opionions.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
I had the exact same thing happen to me about two years ago, this lady in an excursion slams on her breaks for no reason. Luckily i have ben in enough accidents or close calls i was able to swerve right enough to just miss her rear end with my front driver side by about 2 inches. About 2 seconds after i came to a stop the lady behind me rear ends me.

The best part is that the lady that caused the whole thing gets out of her car asks if i hit her since she heard the crash of lady behind me hitting me and asks did you hit me, looks at her rear bumper and then drives away, i never found out if they caught her and charged her with leaving the scene of an accident but that suer would have been sweet if they did.

Just so you know If you go with the cutting off the front end and welding on a new one it won't have the same structural stability as it did before the accident. I don't know if it's the exact same with uni-body cars as it is with frame cars (i would assume it is though) but with a frame car once you have to straighten the frame or cut it off and weld on a new one it loses the strength that it had before you did that.

Good luck with fixing her up though.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that sucks yeah funny thing in my accident ti was a woman to and an even funnier thing is that the same day my bro got in an accident some lunatic chick just runs over his front end trying to change lanes ill post a pic. anyway yeah i know that it prolly wont be as strong and if i ever come across another brake happy driver itll prolly be totaled but the body shop that im taking it to is a pretty reputable place they showed me an aerostar they did the same thing to and it was a really good job everything matched up couldnt tell ti was in an accident and inside the engine compartment the only thing u can tell that it was cut is the weld marks. also there going to only cut bout 2 ft back from the bumper off the rest is staying so idk when its all done ill post a pic its prolly goign in this week. here is the pic of my bros car it was a suburban that ran him over.

oh and btw shes payin for lmao

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
From my experience.

My sister got in a similar wreck and we had to mend her car back together as well. What we did was cut the core support out of a jy car. Then had someone weld it into palce of the old one we cut out. The rest was pretty much straightforward unbolting and bolting of the new panels. Had alittle trouble getting the bumper back on right but it was able to get looking decent. Depends on what you want to do but thats how i would go. 5 years latter that fix still works on my sisters car i drive today.

ben

1 - 8 of 8 Posts