Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 148 Posts

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all!
my body kit came in today and I must say, it looks so much better in person than in those crappy pics they have posted! Nothin was damaged upon arrival. I also received my kit through YELLOW Freight. Although, I did go to the local shipping yard and picked it up. But suprisingly, the box wasn't busted up at all. The sideskirts may grow on me if I have them put on but I think I'll stick with my RAZZIs like I planned. The door caps are kinda :gay: , but other than that, everythin looks good. I'll try posting pics sometime tomorrow evening as I just started my new morning job (YAY!!!). I also have this damn hurricane to worry about so the pics will be kinda not-happy-lookin. The workmanship COULD have been better. A few things though: no lisence plate cutout on the rear bumper, and no side marker cutouts on the front nor the the back. Nothin I can't handle with my dremel though! Jusy figured I'd let everyone know. I should have the kit painted and installed by the end of next week. (I gotta get used to this new work schedule!)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thats great that you got it.btw where did you order it from?and yes pls show us some pics. :)

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Originally posted by pumaboyairn@Sep 7 2004, 09:53 PM
A few things though: no lisence plate cutout on the rear bumper
I thought our license plate attaches to the rear trunk? :headscratch:

Better get those pics up though?
Good luck with the rath of god. Hope it turns out ok.

-mobiuslogic

·
Registered
106 Posts
Gen 3 is in the rear bumper, while I believe the Gen 4 is in the trunk lid like you said.

Adam

S

·
0 Posts
He's talking about a GEN3 GUYS!!! LOL Take some pics buddy as soon as you can. I wanna see it all nice and done.

Keep up the good work :thumbs:

Sal

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Let's see this damn thing, finally!

I can't wait to see what it actually looks like when it's painted and all set up. Dan's got his (dant98), but he's waiting to put it on until he gets his truck done.

JR

·
Registered
308 Posts
godspunk32
I can't wait to see what it actually looks like when it's painted and all set up.
I'm with this guy!

pumaboyairn
I'm sure you will do a good job on the lights and all. Good luck man! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
godspunk32
I can't wait to see what it actually looks like when it's painted and all set up.

I'm with this guy!
AMEN TO THAT!!! :notworthy:

I'm still pissed about having to cut out the markers and license plate frame but like he said, nothing a dremel can't fix.

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
BTW, how good is the ground clearance on the front and rear apron? That is actually my main concern especially for lowered Gen III's.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Originally posted by godspunk32@Sep 8 2004, 06:13 AM
Let's see this damn thing, finally!

I can't wait to see what it actually looks like when it's painted and all set up. Dan's got his (dant98), but he's waiting to put it on until he gets his truck done.

JR
I'm not sure I'd call it "done", but yeah, I'd like to have the truck operational / road ready, before I start work on the daily drive.

-Dan

J

·
0 Posts
Cool, I didn't even realize you got one, Mike. Can't wait to see you guys get these things put on! B)

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
They definitely look like they need alot of work. On the one side profile of the front bumper, it looks like you can see a seam. If so, they didn't even sand down the seams of the mold before they sent it? WTF?

JR

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Why didn't they put door caps on the Gen 4 kit.... Then gen 4 has the same exact door skins, don't they?

-Dan

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
instead of using a dremel and cuttin apart the rear bumper, put the liscence plate in the bottom center opening with some lights goin to it. it will look cleaner and still be legel.

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
Originally posted by godspunk32@Sep 8 2004, 01:59 PM
I think the bend in the Gen IIV is shallower than the Gen III, but not sure. Someone with both should check it out!

JR
it's not a definitive answer to the question, but i do believe the skins are a bit shallower as well. that's one of the reasons i loved the looks of the gen4 over gen3 (though gen3 w/rage body kit *w/caps* looks frickin awesome :D)

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I agree that the Rage kit with the caps looks great, but the Gen III is so much classier than the Gen IV. The Gen IV looks just like any Honda product on the road....just kidding. The Gen III has really awesome looks, the same way that the Gen IV does...just in a different way.

JR

1 - 20 of 148 Posts