Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw My Bloody Valentine 3D last night and I have to say I wouldn't mind movies going 3D as a standard.

The movie was good when compared to horror movies, they don't really cut out when killing people and such. The 3D bloody bodies and just everything being in 3D was an awesome experience.

Lmao I was worried when I had a shotgun coming out of the screen and slowly moving across the thearter til it was aimed right at me, and then it stopped moving!

Also, fyi, having a flashlight pointed in your face in 3D blinds you as much as real life, lol.

Great experience...

http://www.mybloodyvalentinein3d.com/

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Glad to hear it was good, i was considering going to see it, but I knew it is either hit (as in your case) or miss (complete garbage)

Guess ill have to go see it =)

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad to hear it was good, i was considering going to see it, but I knew it is either hit (as in your case) or miss (complete garbage)

Guess ill have to go see it =)
[/b]
Yeah I mean the plot wasn't extremely good, but there are barely any horror movies out there that have a solid plot. I still liked the movie.

Got a good score on Rotten Tomatoes too...

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
my ladyfriend wants to see it. but im wondering if the 3d effect will be lost on me since i mainly use my right eye and my left eye only for periferal vision. i guess i could really strain myself to see it. and if she wants to, ill deal with it.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my ladyfriend wants to see it. but im wondering if the 3d effect will be lost on me since i mainly use my right eye and my left eye only for periferal vision. i guess i could really strain myself to see it. and if she wants to, ill deal with it.
[/b]
Hmm I think you should be fine...The glasses don't really use a different effect on each lense like red and blue or anything like that. The lense is the same for both sides and to tell you the truth you don't really see a difference from normal viewing when looking out of the glasses just a bit of shade to them, thats about it.

RealD is what they use....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_D_Cinema

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I'll probably hit a matinee with the wife this weekend. Possibly see this and the new Underworld movie back to back. My Bloody Valentine is a movie I'd otherwise wait for the DVD release, but I'd like to see it with the full 3D.

For what it's worth, Rotten Tomatoes isn't a really good source on ratings of a movie. Use Metacritic.com.

JR

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
I saw it and thought it was kind of cool. The whole 3d thing made me a bit nauseous at first but I got used to it after a few minutes.

It was a pretty good movie though and I normally don't like slasher kill em up movies.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I went to go see it last night with my friends. I had pretty low expectations, but I was very impressed with the 3D. Not only does it not use those annoying colored lenses, but it actually worked properly. I was expecting just a couple scenes to be in 3D also, not the whole movie plus the credits and a preview! That was pretty impressive.

As far as the plot and content though, it's very cliched. They used every plot device in the horror movie cookbook. But at least the movie didn't take itself seriously and it was pretty fun. I was not expecting the killer to be who it was at the end.

·
Registered
285 Posts
If it's anything like JAWS 3D, the 3D effects are what will make the movie great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts