Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Friday night my baby got in a wreck b/c some bitch pulled out in front me in the back of a strip mall.

she's paying for it... but her jag is mangled. she was driving a 2003 jaguar x-type (baby jag). Dont have any pics of her car right now, didn't really car about her car... so here are mine:

·
Registered
712 Posts
That sucks, I hate it when people don't pay attention when they are behind the wheel. It always ends in tears.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sucks, I hate it when people don't pay attention when they are behind the wheel. It always ends in tears.
[/b]
yea, that's what im sayin.

and then she had to nerve to yell at me?!?!

aww hell naw. i went off on that bitch!

haha.

but it's ok, i'm cool with the owner of the repair shop i'm takin it to and he said he'll hook me up

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
As long as there's no serious structual damage your in pretty good shape. Mine was like that, fixed it for around $300.

Replace the fender, bumper cover, and headlight assembly and you should be good to go. Should be able to reuse the hood and hinges.

I got mine for $18 in similar condition, was a head on victim from an ignorant driver who was on the phone. Replaced the bumper cover (not the foam underneath it, needed that space for mods), and bent the hood fairly straight again. Looks good again, I'll have to put up a before (bumper dragging on ground), middle (duct tape/paint fix), and after (replaced with 97 bumper) pic sometime.

OT: What are the things up by the hood hinges?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
They look like those deer whistles. The air going through them is supposed to keep deer away. Thats what they look like anyway.
[/b]
Thats what I think, but I'm not positive.

Those things have never worked. Actually, when I had them on my Explorer, I hit more deer with them then without...

·
Registered
284 Posts
make sure they do good work on the bumper if they keep it on there, some places might try to puty the missing pieces in

·
Premium Member
4,482 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
They look like those deer whistles. The air going through them is supposed to keep deer away. Thats what they look like anyway.
[/b]
Thats what I think, but I'm not positive.

Those things have never worked. Actually, when I had them on my Explorer, I hit more deer with them then without...
[/b][/quote]

Thats cuz they do make noise, but they just make the deer panic and run. Instead of them just hearing the car and by time they react ur already gone by.

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
yea, that's what im sayin.

and then she had to nerve to yell at me?!?!

aww hell naw. i went off on that bitch!

haha.

but it's ok, i'm cool with the owner of the repair shop i'm takin it to and he said he'll hook me up
[/b][/quote]

If you are going to do it right, take it to Ford, get an estimate, make her pay. I'm assuming you have a police report? Or at least her insurance information and such?

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
^---is right.
go get ford OEM parts and let her pay for it. not sayin punish her unjustly, but the car had ford parts BEFORE she hit it right?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok, yea. the chrome things on the hood that ya'll see on the hood are in fact deer whistles. and they work GREAT! i'm always out in loganville to see friends and I used to dread coming home late at night b/c i'd always have deer jump out in front of me...

so i went to wal-mart lookin for some deer whistles and i found those, they're made by BELL and they are chrome finished. They work great and look great!

and secondly, no im not taking my car to ford, b/c ford does not offer a lifetime warranty on paint and repairs. I'm taking it to my father's shop up in Smyrna. Artcraft Collison and Repair.

and these are the reasons why:

1. great customer service, and not b/c i'm his son
2. lifetime warranty on EVERYTHING
3. ford will do the cheapest possible repairs on the car.
4. Artcraft is going to be doing the work for my best interests, not theirs
5. The Russians and Bosnians in the back shop KNOW HOW TO FIX A CAR.
6. I've seen cars almost totaled come out looking like they just rolled off the showroom floor
7. Artcraft is the most reputable repair shop, and the first artcraft in Georgia
8. they are also statefarm approved, so that makes the whole process easier on me.
9. I'm way to protective about my car, and do not want to take it to ford, where they dont care about my car and will fix the cheapest possible way
10. this taurus was the first car i bought EVER, and i bought b/c the taurus in all it's generations are sexy, long, big, and luxurious if you pay enough
11. artcraft uses martin senour paints. which are a better quality than OEM
12. artcraft orders and installs the best parts and asks the customer if they want new or reman'd parts
13. They wash and wax your car when they finish repairs
14. and they perform complimentary preventive maintenance to the car, upon completion of repairs(flush and fill fluids; send it to get an alignment, balance and rotate tires; etc....)
15. they do everything right the first time!
16. Finally... ART CRAFT ALWAYS DOES A KICKASS JOB PERIOD. CUSTOMER SERVICE, PAINT QUALITY, QUALITY OF REPAIRS. EVERYTHING!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it's not costing me anything b/c i'm not the one paying for it....

the woman's insurance is. Statefarm.

and the car should be complete in about a week or less.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
from what I hear statefarm doesn't usually **** people around too much so you should be in good shape.
[/b]
yea that's what i heard and that's why i laughed smugly when i saw her statefarm insur. card.

and they didn't fight me about it at all, not much could do either b/c the report said "she became scared and pulled out in front of veh. #1"

and it was on private property behind a grocery store at the rear entrance to it. so she didn't get a citation...

mother ******!

lol. anyway.

car will be completed in a week.

repairs performed will be:

new grille
new headlight assembly
new headlight harness (b/c mine was actually sliced in half somehow... weird)
reinstallation/remount/replace driver's side headlight (b/c it was knocked loose and i was unable to get it back in properly for some reason...)
new fender
new bumper
possibly new hood... idk yet
new upper and lower control arms for passenger tire
realign front tires
blending of front passenger door, hood and bumper (repaint to match rest of vehicle)
reattachment of rear view mirror (b/c it got knocked loose somehow and vibrates annoyingly)
new battery tray (b/c it broke and my battery went underneath the front support structure for radiator)
"pull" front end (realign front end b/c it shifted towards driver's side a little)
removal of tiny dent on rear passenger door

and complete inspection of everything, functional fluids replacement or top-off, etc...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yea, she was young and was driving mom's jag, and i ended up ripping off her front bumper and piercing some kind of fluid reservoir.

can't remember color of fluid, but i'm sure it was more than just windshield solvent! lol

and i'm sorry to hear that, hope you weren't too close to him

1 - 20 of 25 Posts