Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

41 - 60 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
well if i didnt get fired the other day, then maybe i could afford the comp. but depending on how the car acts when im done is what will make my final desicion. but so far, i had to replace my right axel. the original one from the SHO was grenaded on the inside. all this rain and stuff is making it hard to get the car done. oklahoma sux for weather. but i guess sum april tornados is a change from these tired out may tornados.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
i got it all finished! but now for the bad news.....lighting for the front of the car(headlights, parking, turns) wont work. the fuel pump doesnt prime. there fro it will not start. and to make things even more confusing, my airbag light is flashing in pulses. like a CEL would. i need to find out what that means.

·
Registered
486 Posts
forget to plug a harness back in maybe?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
nope, not yet, just got the shifter in. i cna fit my 50/50 split seats with it!
ran it round the hood once open headers. DAMMNNN NICE!!! but thats when i found out, 1st gr is gone:( but oh well, ill just save for a rebuild kit.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
i was wrong, i do have 1st gr. i just didnt have my shifter on all the way. but the car likes to stall a lot at idle and rev between shifts. other than that, it hauls balls. my friend is now afriad of putting his truck up against me after riding in it.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Awesome!!!!!!!!

Now it would be even better if you made a guide for the mods section so some more of us could get this down.

Also, would this be possible to do on a gen IV?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
ya, i am going to do a write up. vulcan 5 speeds rule!!! im not sure on a gen 4. if its avulcan and it has the same bell housing, then ya it would. but im not sure about a flywheel that would fit the motor.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm sorry this might be a stupid question but what do you mean it likes to stall? Isnt that your fault? I thought you press the clutch when youre idling or put it in neutral so it wont stall.

Congrads though, nicely done. Definatly do a write up and pics and videos would be great.

Good job.

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Originally posted by qaz-@Apr 27 2004, 01:01 AM
I'm sorry this might be a stupid question but what do you mean it likes to stall? Isnt that your fault?
Not necessarily.

I've seen the symptoms that he's talking about happen in other auto to manual conversions that retain the stock automatic ECU, such as the revving between shifts, and the prolonged time to come down back to idle, stalling issues, and so on.

Then again, it could just be that he sucks at driving stick.

just kidding...

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Just caught wind of this thread now... just wanted to say congratulations. Now we start saving for the P&P job Bob offers and a bigger MAF and...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
the stalling is at idle at a stop, it sux but oh well, i just rev it up! love that breath easy vulcan sound! Zeptoplix, i do want that computer, but with having to a pay a stoopid @$$ jay walking ticket and no job, i wont be able to afford it for a while. well lets see...next to try......fix my rear motor mount i blew racing last nite
i kinda modified it a lil too much( got cutting happy with it). i snapped it clean in 2. ill have pics up soon. gotta work out the bugs. no one else has done this, so we are learning 1st hand. er i am

·
Registered
486 Posts
That sux about your motor mount.

Any good leads on a new job?? Hope you find one soon.

41 - 60 of 194 Posts
About this Discussion
193 Replies
66 Participants
ranger8901
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing