Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 40 of 194 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
So what are you gonna do with the column shift? Swap the column with one from a floor shift model? Or hack the shifter off and fill the column with something? It'd be quite odd if you just kept that shifter there.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
nah, no badges. im making it a smooth body. only badge will be one that says Taurus T3 or Taurus T3/T4, that will make ppl s*** a brick. oh, if u use the MTX-IV(4) with the vulcan, u will hafta get a clutch and flywheel assymebly from a 92-94 tempo. i got my clutch in yesterday, and i am ordering my flywheel today.

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Seems like a lot of work and trouble, when there are plenty of SHO's out there ?? but now if ya want cool, Kirk is gonna put a Gen 2 running gear under a Gen 3 body, can you say 3.2 Yamaha 5 speed Boys and Girls?? I thought you could

·
Premium Member
5,179 Posts
This will clear a lot of hurdles when it comes to modifying americasfuture's car since he won't be losing so much through the transmission, and besides, if he breaks his engine, it is much cheaper to fix too

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
i wish i had the bank to do that. but for now im rolling witha 9.25in clutch/flywheel. i am going to look into getting a 9.5in or 9.75in set up for my boosted power later. maybe a stage 2 if i can find it. if not, i am going o have a custome one made sumwhere. thatll cost me sum bones. cant wait to get it done, im going to run it out at the track and see if i can pull off beter than a 17.2(best run witha bad axod and stripped interior, 3205lbs)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
got my flywheel and clutch on a few ago. i had problems witht he flywheel tho. i eept getting s***ty ones from napa/oreillys/autozone. DO NOT EVER GET A PERFORMANCE CLUTCH PART!!! THE BOLTING HOLES FOR EVERYTHING ARE HORRIBLLY MISSALIGHNED! i finnally decided to disout and get a flywheel that was a resurfaced one from ford. 183 bux but it fit so
. now all i hafta do it get the tranny in. going to shoot for that tomarrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
663 Posts
Will you need to modify the ECU after everything is hooked up?

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Originally posted by civicex@Apr 3 2004, 03:49 PM
Will you need to modify the ECU after everything is hooked up?
Only if he wants to make the CEL go away. The ECU won't see the transmission and most definitely throw a code or two or a few, and you'll have to leave the netral safety switch in the drive position to overcome the P/N rev limiter, and have the neutral safety circuit connected to the clutch pedal to allow the car to start when the clutch is depressed.

Or you could just get a chip.

·
Premium Member
5,179 Posts
I can't remember anymore.
I had bought it because i was going to install the engine from my 92 Taurus into my 1990, they have different hardware so I needed a computer that would run the engine but not hte transmission (axod is not electronic). I payed $75 canadian. make me an offer, I had my 1992 running with it no problem.

21 - 40 of 194 Posts
About this Discussion
193 Replies
66 Participants
ranger8901
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing