Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its being done, and for under 300 bux! i got myself a MTX-IV from a sho. it bolts up. but the flywheel will not, so inorder to get all in all, u hafta get a 9.25in clutch/flywheel assembly. there are 2 different manuals i have found so far, hydrolic clutch and a cable clutch. DO NOT USE THE HYDROLIC!! there is no room for a clutch mastercylinder. the pedal assembly will bolt up to a stock taurus, ull need the brake and clutch pedal brakets. all the electrical connectors are there and ready to plug in. its a bia to get those out. i know i am forgetting a lot of details, im recovering from the flu. so if yall have any Q's ask away.

B

·
0 Posts
For the trans mount, if you can find an MTX SHO subframe, it will make your life a lot easier. The mount will bolt up, and if you ever need to change it, you can just get a stock mount and bolt it in.

J

·
0 Posts
Lookin' good so far. That's awesome that you're actually doing this! Definitely keep us posted.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i am getting the flywheel clutch assebly today, its 2 cars down from the SHO i yanked the tranny from. the flywheel is gonna be 15 bux nad the clutch is like 5 bux. if i needa get a new one, thats gonna be costy, 194 is what i was quoated without my discount.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
itll fit, i have already test fitted it to the sho i pulled the tranny from. ya, the SHO front bolts right up, i hafta find a set of sho lights to finish the look, but it all fits with the fender hood and side markers

·
Registered
324 Posts
I THINK the MT-5 clutch will fit, I know it will fit the tranny, I have the same tranny in my car, I believe I still have one of the clutches out there in the car, if I do I'll bring it in tomorrow and try to take a pic, if anyone knows if it will fit drop a message on here. If it will, just pay shipping and you are welcome to it. Clutch and pressure plate both you can have. It's used, but it's not fried. It's definately not new, but it's far from toasted. Anyway, the price of shipping and it's yours if it will fit and I still got it which I think I do.

Michael

1 - 20 of 194 Posts
About this Discussion
193 Replies
66 Participants
ranger8901
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing