Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today I went to work and used the washbay to flush my heater core. Before unhooking the lines from the water pump and engine block, I tested the strength of the coolant because I haven't checked it for a while. The freeze point was -70 Celcius. :blink: A little too strong, so I then unhooked my lines and flushed the heater core as OldWagon did in his write up he made. The heater core was clean, nothing came out but clean green coolant. After the final flush, I left fresh water in the heater core, then re-attached everything. The drained the overflow bottle and added fresh water to it. I ran the engine till the thermostat opened to make sure there was no chance of air in the system. Let it cool some, then topped the over flow off with water. I'm going to check the freeze point later after I drive the car for a day or two to mix the water and antifreeze. Then I'll correct it more if needed.

I'm not really sure if I'm going to get any more heat out of doing this. Like I said nothing came out. I just flushed to make sure nothing was in there.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts