Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Spend my 02¢ wisely...
2,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need another car like I need a hole in the head, but on my way back from dove hunting this morning I saw a near-mint 1996 Taurus GL in a Sonic parking lot with a for sale sign. I shouldn't have stopped, but I did. It only had 80k miles on it! Turns out it had been owned by the manager of the Sonic's mother and garage kept its whole life. Just for grins I asked her if she'd take $1,000 for it. She countered with $1,400 and we met at $1,200. A quick trip to the ATM and the key and title were in my hand.

It's pretty base, though it does has ABS/4-Wheel discs. It also has the factory tweeters, albiet with a stock RCU. I already swapped in a Mach though ;)

I'm going to change all the fluids, filters and do a tune-up this evening. After that I have no idea what to do with it. I may keep it and sell my 2000 SES. In the mean time, it's a good thing the interior's clean. I may have to sleep in it after my wife finds it in the driveway :lol2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
80k miles?? That's it? Wow. Nice find. Running & driving for $1200 is a STEAL for that mileage and age. Congratulations!

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
Nice find!!! That car would go for over 2k here in the Rust Belt. I'm partial to '96's cause it was the first year, new G3 look and Ford's return to NASCAR, in the Taurus. I refer to G3's as "NASCAR Tarsus's". A member posted today about a bunch of '96 JBL Premium audio gear for sale with factory subs. It's a killer system, available for '96 only. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
At least you have a unique Gen 3 year Vulcan: the only year to have knock sensors!

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,410 Posts
Nice find!!! That car would go for over 2k here in the Rust Belt. I'm partial to '96's cause it was the first year, new G3 look and Ford's return to NASCAR, in the Taurus. I refer to G3's as "NASCAR Tarsus's". A member posted today about a bunch of '96 JBL Premium audio gear for sale with factory subs. It's a killer system, available for '96 only. :thumb:
Yeah...NASCAR...'96 Taurus..My wife is (was) a Dale Jarrett fan....('99 NASCAR champion) .so that's the reason we bought a Gen3. Best decision she ever made!!! Well... second best..lol

·
Premium Member
2003 Ford taurus Centennial Edition
1,410 Posts
Yeah...I think we might be seeing more of the good condition Gen3's around as older folks pass away..:(.(not nice to think about, but it happens),and their garage kept bulls go up for sale.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts