Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there. I have tuarus 2014 limited and i just changes my ac compressor a week ago until yesterday everything is just fine. Today I noticed my ac blows a normal air from the driver side like there is no freon and, at the same time the other side blows a cold air. I tried to turn the engine off and on, tried to warm on high then get back to cold again but nothing fixed. When i drove around the air on me started to be a little cooler bit not cold as it should be you can tell there is a problem. Could it be a Low on freon pressure ?
Car Gear shift Vehicle Motor vehicle Satellite radio

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
May suspect a faulty drivers side hvac blend door actuator (bda).
it could be that. I also heard something else. When i stopped before I turn off the engine i hear the freon inside the vehicle for a long time it barely stopped. could this mean the freon pressure is not as it suppose to be? I really don’t know what’s the require pressure for my car

·
Registered
1 Posts
The pressure readings from diagnostic gauges vary widely depending on many conditions. Ambient temperature, engine rpm of the moment, barometric pressure, etcetera. That particular sytem

There is a Decal under the hood listing capacities of refrigerant for that particular system. Dye charge will help leak test. A properly calibrated refrigerant charge station can accurately place proper refrigerant quantities into the system. That is the best /most accurate method to determine proper quantity.

I would revisit mehanicals/blend door suggestion for and difference of temperature at two separate locations. (at the same time) you have 1 sealed system for the whole refrigerant path. The blend doors mix refrigeraNt cooled and ambient outside air to achieve two different Temps for the driver and passenger (think two different blend mechanisms and ONLY 1 REFRIGERANT LOOP.

BEST OF LUCK.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The pressure readings from diagnostic gauges vary widely depending on many conditions. Ambient temperature, engine rpm of the moment, barometric pressure, etcetera. That particular sytem

There is a Decal under the hood listing capacities of refrigerant for that particular system. Dye charge will help leak test. A properly calibrated refrigerant charge station can accurately place proper refrigerant quantities into the system. That is the best /most accurate method to determine proper quantity.

I would revisit mehanicals/blend door suggestion for and difference of temperature at two separate locations. (at the same time) you have 1 sealed system for the whole refrigerant path. The blend doors mix refrigeraNt cooled and ambient outside air to achieve two different Temps for the driver and passenger (think two different blend mechanisms and ONLY 1 REFRIGERANT LOOP.

BEST OF LUCK.
Thank you for the valuable information

1 - 8 of 8 Posts