Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to spend about 500usd on performance what should i get for the most bang?

i also looked at andy's autos bodykit for my car, pretty f ing sweet *saving* :ford:

·
Registered
678 Posts
WELLLLLLL. Some vulcan guys chime in here please...Ken cough...

You can do 1.7(?) rocker arms. A computer tune for $400 , Underdrive pulley from shobros for 100. Nitrous.....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
guess i should have said... Im in kentucky, so im a bit removed from most but yeah ive been lookin around the net and have found less than great tuning for the taurus *sigh*

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
anybody else? ideas?
[/b]
Easy Button

Searching around these forums will give you some ideas about what is out there. Check the stickies at the top of each subforum and look in the TCCA Wiki, a guy covered this exact topic. Don't expect many "cheap" performance mods either. Bumping a topic after 10 hours doesn't warrant you a quicker response either.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
$500 to spend on performance mods = custom tuning + transmission cooler, assuming all the maintenance is up to date. :)

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
hmmm what does custom tuning mean?
[/b]
It means that shift points and all that fun stuff that go with tuning your car are set based on how you drive, fuel used, etc.

I,ve heard the underdrive pulleys are great for the buck. Look around there is a write-up on mods.
[/b]
Yep. 100 buck, 7-8whp. Pretty cheap for whp if you consider it.

As said above, do a search. Everything that can be done for these cars is out there in some topic or another.

Personally, I'd get a UDP and a tune.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts