Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i figured i'd finally show my 05 vw gti 1.8 turbo.. its a work in progress right now since its in its final stage before paint but in winter suspension mode. details are 3" downpipe, 2.5" apr catback, forge turbo inlet pipe, eurojet throttle body pipe, aem intake, forge divertor valve, black and gray two tone interior, eclipse head unit, jl w1 subs, kicker amp, tsunami cap and wiring, gli/20th pedal set, 30% tint, shorty antenna, R-line rep rear bumper, Votex rep side skrits, r32 spoiler, shaved side markers, JETTA GLI front end swap with lower lip molded and shaved into the bumper, parking lights shaved off bumper, notchless hood with badgeless grille. engine bay covers are shaved and painted to match the car also. Normally it rides on konis with eibach springs but since its winter here i'm on stock suspension with winter tires.. the car is going for paint with in the next month. so the pictures are in goofy order.. the cars semi paint in some areas and i have stuff off of it for paint reasons so its funny looking right now.. The car is going to be the stock silverstone color witha dark metallic gray on the roof and going down the center of the hood into the upper grille area. I will be paintign the car and did all the body work as thats my profession .. i'll update this once its painted

Ryan

stock when i bought it

the car this past spring at a show

right now

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, it sure is shiney under the hood!
[/b]

haha yeah i laid a good amount of clear down on that underside of the hood and the engine parts... i cant wait to get it painted finally. right now i'm trading the rear bumper for a 20th anniversary and i'm gunna mold the lip into the bumper..

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Good friend of mine down in Florida traded in his 2000 Mazda for a 2004 VW GTI same exterior color, with black leather inside. MTX too. Very cool lookin car B) Goin for the Jetta look upfront huh?

·
Registered
42 Posts
That is an awesome little VW! Those things are a hoot to drive.

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<div class='quotemain'>
How come you swapped seats?
[/b]
cuz it looks badass
[/b][/quote]

what he said.. haha.. just looks so much better two toned then all plain gray. i'm actually going to be re doing the head liner and pillars in coach fabric.. going for a semi-baller look. lol

·
Banned
62 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
How come you swapped seats?
[/b]
cuz it looks badass
[/b][/quote]

what he said.. haha.. just looks so much better two toned then all plain gray. i'm actually going to be re doing the head liner and pillars in coach fabric.. going for a semi-baller look. lol
[/b][/quote]

Yeah then it'll feel like you're driving an expensive purse

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
What kind of custom work is involved in the Jetta front clip swap? Are there aftermarket Jetta projectors available?

I'd remove the rub strips from the doors and the bumper cover personally.

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
Car looks Great! I have never been a fan of the JTI swap or the R32 kit on anything but an R32! I like the dark grey wheels you had on it! Looks like its comming along nicely! I would suggest a brushed or R32 trim kit for the interior! its not a very costly mod but looks really nice!
And a set of Factory Jetta HID's to complete the front end!

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What kind of custom work is involved in the Jetta front clip swap? Are there aftermarket Jetta projectors available?

I'd remove the rub strips from the doors and the bumper cover personally.
[/b]
now in my swap i did alot of shaving and stuff on it but a normal swap there is no custom work involved.. you swap fenders, hood, headlights, bumper cover. done. there are aftermarket and oem hid projectors for the jetta front end. as or shaving the rub strips i was going to but i thought what about the jerks who dont care where they swing there doors into.. the rear bumper is getting traded soon for a 20th bumper with the rub strip in it.. i would have shaved it off the front bumper but tey dont look right with them shaved in my eyes

Car looks Great! I have never been a fan of the JTI swap or the R32 kit on anything but an R32! I like the dark grey wheels you had on it! Looks like its comming along nicely! I would suggest a brushed or R32 trim kit for the interior! its not a very costly mod but looks really nice!
And a set of Factory Jetta HID's to complete the front end!
[/b]

i plan on getting an r32/20th/337 bushed trim set for inside and i'm looking to get some oem hid's for it but right now these have to do.. as for the jti i wasn't a fan till i saw a friends car done but even then i was like ehhh then i saw a gli/20th styled one and i was like mmmm.. the parts just fell into my lap.. the gli lip everything so i kinda just had to do the swap you know.. as for the wheels they were 18" hp evos that i painted but i had to sell them to pay off some debts.. i'm hoping to get another set or porsches wheels

1 - 13 of 13 Posts