Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost my lisence (2 many speeding tickets :D) about 2 years ago(haha im getting them back soon and ill have 0 points haha) I been slowly putting it together and dumping money when i can.

I took over payments on the car from my grandmother when she baught a new car (she only had $1500 or so left to pay dealership was only going to give her around 2000 for a trade in and thaught i could use the car only has 95k miles!!! yearly oil and tranny changes!)

Mods:
R1 Racing -Cross Drilled Slotted rotor's (was $175 for the rotors and new drums)
Full Kato Combat Body Kit ($650)
19'' Tuner rims with low profiles ($1000)
LED Neons ($99)
Painted Brake Calipers (Free)
Painted Valve Cover (Free aside from replacing the gasket which was like $10)

Future Mods:
Coilovers
Spray
Turbo/Supercharger
Pretty Much anything that can be done/hasnt been done

Some Pics:
(Still working on painting (going to be recoated when i finish the bondoing on the 2 doors that go screwed up in the winter from hitting a guard rail)

This is what happens when you let ur car sit outside all winter in ohio:

When I get my Lisence back ill worry about cleaning the rims and ect...car has only been drove in the drive way (in and out of the garage) so im not 2 worried about how clean it is

·
Registered
25 Posts
I love the way these Taurus' look with body kits. I've owned a 95 Sable GS for 3 years that died a few weeks back and got a '00 tuarus and love it. This post inspires me to mod it to hell lol

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
I lost my lisence (2 many speeding tickets :D) about 2 years ago(haha im getting them back soon and ill have 0 points haha) I been slowly putting it together and dumping money when i can.

I took over payments on the car from my grandmother when she baught a new car (she only had $1500 or so left to pay dealership was only going to give her around 2000 for a trade in and thaught i could use the car only has 95k miles!!! yearly oil and tranny changes!)

Mods:
R1 Racing -Cross Drilled Slotted rotor's (was $175 for the rotors and new drums)
Full Kato Combat Body Kit ($650)
19'' Tuner rims with low profiles ($1000)
LED Neons ($99)
Painted Brake Calipers (Free)
Painted Valve Cover (Free aside from replacing the gasket which was like $10)

Future Mods:
Coilovers
Spray
Turbo/Supercharger
Pretty Much anything that can be done/hasnt been done

Some Pics:
(Still working on painting (going to be recoated when i finish the bondoing on the 2 doors that go screwed up in the winter from hitting a guard rail)

This is what happens when you let ur car sit outside all winter in ohio:

When I get my Lisence back ill worry about cleaning the rims and ect...car has only been drove in the drive way (in and out of the garage) so im not 2 worried about how clean it is

Where in Ohio are you?? Parma / Cleveland here.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Is your front bumper fiberglass?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I see a huge air gap in the front bumper, you plan on supporting it a little more?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
this is going to be fun.......lol i got 2 14b turbos... now im debating on if i want a real EMS to completely replace the ECU or a SCT

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

woooo had the rear molded on and the doors that where dented repaired and primed i just got to finish sanding them.... then its off to painting....

·
Registered
374 Posts
this is going to be fun.......lol i got 2 14b turbos... now im debating on if i want a real EMS to completely replace the ECU or a SCT
Last time when I plotted a single TD05-14B, the frame size was closed, but overall, not the proper turbo for a 3.0L. Using two is an even worse idea:

You don't get past the surge line and start building boost until 5,000 RPM. You don't reach peak efficiency until you are bouncing off the rev limiter.

If these 14Bs are just for looks, ok, but considering you are looking into a standalone EMS, you may want to rethink your turbo choice.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Last time when I plotted a single TD05-14B, the frame size was closed, but overall, not the proper turbo for a 3.0L. Using two is an even worse idea:

You don't get past the surge line and start building boost until 5,000 RPM. You don't reach peak efficiency until you are bouncing off the rev limiter.

If these 14Bs are just for looks, ok, but considering you are looking into a standalone EMS, you may want to rethink your turbo choice.
well if supercharging wasn't so expensive id consider it....but turbos are cheaper and less of a pain to install...hell idk what im going to do engine wise i already had one of the turbos laying around and picked up another in a trade to a friend....i need to finish the body work before i even think about messing with the engine..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts