Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I've discovered a musty scent coming out of the vents of my 2008 Ford Taurus Limited. I believe I have narrowed it down to the evaporator back behind the passenger dash, although this is coming from diagrams I've hunted for throughout google. Does anyone know how to easily get to the evaporator without taking tons of stuff apart? I'm wanting to spray it down with evap cleaner, but have seen so many different ways to do it, but am wanting to stick with trying to spray it directly on the evaporator.

·
Registered
23,274 Posts
Parts stores have kits/instrs. for this. Some people have just went down through the outside air opening (cabin filter) with Lysol spray, some have went through the blower fan opening and others have carefully drilled access holes in the heater box and covered with duct tape. After cleaning, you may want to consider an activated charcoal/bakng soda cabin/pollen filter. Dunno about Fords, but the dealer can set some Chevys to run the blower fan a minute or 2 to dry things after running the a/c and shutting the car off. Maybe Forscan?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts