Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the throttle body shaft rotation between the rwd mustang engine and the fwd taurus engine is the same?

I'm thinking you could easily weld a taurus linkage onto the mustang aftermarket throttle body and have it work..

Anyone know for sure?

Here's a pic of the taurus setup.. The rwd setup pulls from the opposite direction..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Premium Member
548 Posts
All I can say is that on the supercoupes it rotates the same direction. Regardless of CW or CCW rotation since you're welding anyway couldnt you put a nipple 180 degrees from the stock location to get the desired spin? Like in your first pic where the end of the spring attaches to the throttle body (a useless spring too) you could weld a nippe around that area and attach the cable there so that its pull gives the opposite rotation.

Know what I mean?

Also, I assume you're gonna port the upper right? :D

ps : Cam deal straightened out, check gets mailed off tomorrow :)

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool about the cam! I just spoke with Fred tonight.. We're gonna do some stage I type heads for the taurus, and go with a 218/218 version of the .520 cam, same LSA..

Actually he is gonna work with me and I will most likely do all my own porting (heads and intake)

I really wanted to do a 4.2 or even SC my 3.8, but this is my daily driver, and if I can get 200hp out of it, I'll be happy. :)

Also, I had a thought for you.. You should get some police package heads, port them, and stick them on your car.. The open chamber design is more optimal for supercharged. It would lower your compression down to about 8.4:1 or so, and they have larger exhaust valves to start with!..

The headgaskets are leaking a bit on the taurus, so I figured I need to get something started.

You're gonna love that new cam!

Jeramie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts