Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I drive, I have to have the stereo on. I'll listen to the radio, or a CD, but there has to be some music playing. I couldn't stand the quietness and the road drone while driving. Plus music enhances the driving experiance for me. Anyone else sing along with their favorite songs? "I can't drive... 55!"

·
Registered
478 Posts
always have to have music.....i did a 4hour trip once...on 5 hours sleep....almost ran myself off the road because i couldnt stand to concentrate on just the road.....

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
"Sweet Home Alabama." When crusin. When getting on the highway, i turn up "Start me Up" by Rolling Stones with WOT. Makes a great combo
Also some CCR, Steely Dan, ZZ Top, all great to sing along to. People must think im weird when they pass me, seeing me sing along.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I listen to music while I drive, whether it come from the speakers or from the rumble of the SHO V8 through Borla mufflers.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can usually hear the high revs and tire screeching over my music. I don't have it up so loud.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I listen to music and AM concervative talk radio (yea, I know, I'm an evil concervative hate mongerer).

J

·
0 Posts
I almost always have LOUD music on... The type of music I listen to all depends on what mood I'm in - after leaving work when I've had a good day and it's nice outside I like some country. If I've had a crappy day or the weather is crappy I'll listen to rock type stuff. If I've had a bad day and it's nice out I'll have basically top 40 type stuff on. Then there's times that I am indifferent and I'll just throw something random in.
The flowmaster usually growls over the music unless it's turned up a lot. There are occasional times that I just listen to the vulcan roar and screeching tires.

·
Premium Member
3,493 Posts
i use to get all my dance music from mp3.com. But when I drive my my mom's malibu with the 3100 over 3k is my music hehe

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Oh hell ya! I am constantly listening to music... driving...work... home... you name it. I never turn the radio/CD off in the car

·
Registered
478 Posts
Originally posted by jason8225@Mar 25 2004, 10:05 PM
I almost always have LOUD music on... The type of music I listen to all depends on what mood I'm in - after leaving work when I've had a good day and it's nice outside I like some country. If I've had a crappy day or the weather is crappy I'll listen to rock type stuff. If I've had a bad day and it's nice out I'll have basically top 40 type stuff on. Then there's times that I am indifferent and I'll just throw something random in.
The flowmaster usually growls over the music unless it's turned up a lot. There are occasional times that I just listen to the vulcan roar and screeching tires.
i must agree completely

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have 30 some odd songs with 80's new wave, techno, rock, and metal.

My favorite driving tune of all time is Cars by Gary Numan

·
Registered
668 Posts
Originally posted by jason8225@Mar 25 2004, 10:05 PM
Ya know, sometimes i think this guy is a carbon copy of me.

Except for the rock part...i just listen to country. I do have a nirvana CD i listen to though... and a few classic rock songs.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I drive a little over an hour each way to work every day. I was getting sick and tired of morning and evening rush-hour radio and I don't own many music CD's - so I started listening to books on CD.

I am currently listening to "The Da Vinci Code" - 13 CD's - 16 hours! It is very interesting and makes the time go by very quickly.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just to add my two cents but if you like music while driving
then you need to get the sirius satellite radio. unreal, you'll never turn the
REGULAR stations on anymore. cool part is its integrated in my regular factory
radio. only best buy can be that good
thanks all

I

·
0 Posts
I can't stand NOT to listen to music in my car. Especially on those long road trips with the significant other where they're always yelling at you to "slow down" or "stay in one lane" or "don't ride the lady in the fast lane who is going the speed limit." Ahh, music is a great thing

·
Registered
31 Posts
I always have something on. Their is NOTHING quite like blasting down the LIE heading out east while blasting Bruckner 7! You should all try it one time

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wow .. seems like no one listens to metal while driving. Most of the time on the road, I'll have in Hatebreed, Soulfly, Pantera, etc ... late at night when I'm out, it's alot softer stuff like Dave Matthews or Our Lady Peace.

Never rap .. I despise rap. When I had my Taurus (
) and my system in it, I had a special cd that I kept when I rolled up to a stoplight with someone blasting rap. A couple of the bands included on this cd were Gutted, Cannibal Corpse, and Napalm Death

1 - 20 of 29 Posts