Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Life moves on and now I am too. It's time to sell my MT-5's and carry on with life. I've got 3 of them for sale. All are 1986 models.

1st up is my MT5 Wagon. I bought this car on eBay, needing a clutch, a little over 4 years ago. After getting it, I let it set for a year then finally had the clutch done. Since then, it has shared daily driver duties with my MT-5 sedan. It has a few problems, but nothing that will keep it off the road. The odometer on the car currently reads 06750. It's turned over at least once. Mileage when I bought it was 875xx. In the 4 years I've had it, the only other things I replaced were the starter and the heater/blower motor. Oil has been changed about every 6 months (2,500-3,000 miles).

The Good:
-It's a wagon. Not many MT5 wagons were ever made. This one lived most of it's life in California and has no rust. It looks as it were in a couple accidents during it's life, but nothing that affects it.
-New CV/axle assemblies 3000 miles ago
-new front brake pads when CVs were replaced
-Clutch replaced 20,000 miles ago

The Bad:
- needs both rear outside door handles
-temperature control on the HVAC system is not hooked up, so when you turn it on, it blows medium warm
-trip odometer does not work
-windshield cracked
-hood release handle is broken. I just use pliers to open it in place of a handle
-3rd gear syncro is on it's way out. Grinds on downshifts.
-Something is going on with the steering wheel where it doesn't seem to be centered properly. As a result, the clockspring mechanism doesn't line up properly for the horn/cruise. They both work, but the steering wheel has to be in just the right position.
-CVs click when turning. The CV/axle assemblies were both replaced less than 3000 miles ago. I don't know what's going on with them. I bought them new.

Here are some pictures. They are a little old. I'll take updated ones on Monday. Let me know what you want to see and I'll picture it for you. The car is currently running on basket weave rims. Also comes with a set of steel rims and hubcaps that have my worn winter tires (studded for front, regular for back). It has a Yakima rack on it that's been on since I bought the car. I tried to take it off right after I got it and broke my torx tip. I've never tried since. I'd like $1500 for this car. Shoot me any e-mails with questions/offers/request for pictures/etc. You can contact me by PM through here, by e-mail at [email protected] or by calling me at 208.867.1479. Located 30 miles west of Boise, Idaho.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Odometer is now at 07xxx. I am still using this as my daily driver. $1250 for this car. I need to sell it. Here are the pictures. If you buy this car and my '86 MT-5 sedan at full price ($2500), I'll throw in another '86 MT-5 sedan that needs a clutch.

·
Premium Member
1,870 Posts
Damn!!!!!!!!! I want this wagon, why you have to be all the way in Idaho. I'm in South Florida!

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
Not the best chance of getting $1500 for that wagon. It may be rare-ish, but the interior is thrashed and it needs more than a few repairs. Motor Week said it best: "A 5-speed manual transmission does not a sports car make." That goes doubly for a wagon, which has 300+ more pounds of weight to haul around.

If the wagon is under-powered with a 3.0L V6, a 2.5L I4 can't be much better.

On the plus though, those basketweaves look awesome on the Gen1 body!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bumping it up and dropping the price. $1,000.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Final price drop. $750.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts