Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a MSD DIS-4 ignition installed on their car. According to MSD this ignition is for cars that have electronic ignition boxes like the gen 3 and 4's. I have a 01 Ses. What kind of performance gains did you notice ?

J

·
0 Posts
It's funny you should mention that. I was actually going to make a post about MSD ignitions asking basically the same thing. I was helping my friend work on his jeep tonight and he has one and I was asking him about it - he said he experienced a noticeable gain, but doesn't have any exact numbers, etc.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So there is a gain that is noticeable then. I was hoping so, i believe they say something like10% hp and torque increase on their website. I would think that that would be a nice little boost. Another thing i have been reading is that the stock injectors according to some people on here cannot handle more horse power than stock, on the vulcan that is. any help is greatly appreciated, trying to figure out what I am going to need to really get my car tuned out this spring and summer. Well as tuned as a taurus can get short of a supercharger anyways.

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
I was ready to buy one when I was in a speed shop, but one of the (honest) guys that worked there talked me out of it. He said any modern car with a DIS ignition is making plenty strong enough spark, and for 300 whatever dollars you can do a lot more. My exhaust cost me about $300 and I'm pretty sure it's done more than just an MSD could have.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
The EDIS ignition system we have is pretty efficient as it is. The multi spark controller will help some, but like mth676 put it, without more fuel to be ignited, it won't do much difference. Now, Iv'e never actually seen one in action in a vulcan, this is just my educated guess on how it would react. I will be getting a DIS-4 later on down the road, but there are other mods that will produce better results for the same price or cheaper. IMHO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts