Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sitting at a redlight, when all of a sudden, THUMP! I look in my rearview and the lady driving the minivan behind me is waving her arms in the air. I got out to check if there was any damage (it was only a love tap, but it was pretty damn hard) and the lady says she was throwing her arms up to say sorry for hitting me. Either way i was gonna check, luckily there was no damage except for a dirt outline of her front license plate holder on my bumper. I was also hit a few months ago sitting at a stop sign. It was a side street leading onto a main road when the guy in front of me pulled too far out into the main road. He decides to back up a little when all of a sudden, THUMP! I get out to check if theres any damage and he throws it into gear and takes off. No damage, but does anyone have else this dumb luck of people tapping them?

J

·
0 Posts
I hate it when stuff like that happens. It hasn't happened to me *knock on wood* but I've been with my parents when it has happened to them. They always make sure to get the persons name & number, etc. just in case. That's always cool when there's no damage.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Yea, ive had it happen to me a couple times. Once was pretty hard.
Luckily, it was just their front license plate frame (plastic) hitting my front bumper, so little damage to my car.

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
of course!! my most recent. this weekend, IN THE CARWASH!! my car started moving and i looked behind me and the car behind me was sooooo close! i looked at my cousin and was like, ohmygoodness, look how close that car is... and than BOOM! the guys car slams into mine. what luck i have. i get out of the carwash and tell the guys that are drying my car that the guy just hit me in there. they tell me to pull over and get information from him. meanwhile the old man is just sitting at the end of the carwash not moving. he finally pulls over and comes out. He had a typical old person car with a big low square chrome bumper, which scraped the paint off my bumper. i show him, and he says BS!!! MY car DIDN'T do that!! HOW COULd my car do that when i hit you straight on!!! i was like.. you have got to be kidding me. I said, your car did it, look my bumper is rounded out, and your car bumper is square. and he just says BS again and says he isn't giving me any information! what a AHOLE!!! i was already having the typical bad luck day, so i just said a few choice words and got into my car and took off. i was so mad. the guy was an idiot. i didn't have time for anything else. i should of gotten his license plate number and than called the cops for him not giving me his insurance information, but i have an anger problem, so i couldn't think. the only thing i could think about at that moment was to get into my car and drive 90 down the road before i kicked the crap out of his wife or something. geez.. <_<

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
damn, u get no respect, lol. whats with people when it comes you? [/b]

she said it herself,

but i have an anger problem......[/b]
j/k, the opportunity was there so I took it.
I did have an incident myself about a year ago, at the Hamilton Place Mall in Chattanooga,TN. I was doin a whole 5 MPH through the parkin lot and I get to the STOP sign at the end of one of the parkin aisles, when scccccccccccccccccccrape! ("awe S**T!) Dude comes out of a parkin spot and "in order to miss thumpin the curb with his tire," he swerves between me and the stop sign. There was no major damage on either car, but there was a nice, huge "hey-that-doesn't-go-there" blue paint stripe on his white Town Car and a nice strip of bare-bumper on my 97. I still haven't had the front repainted yet but since I'm gettin that rice bumper put on, it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Justr got my car back from the body shop a couple weeks ago, second time in the past year a woman (actually 2 different ones) hit me from behind while I stopped dead at a stoplight - both times for at least 30 seconds or so, and they were both stopped as well. The first one hit the gas when the adjacent turn lane arrow turn green (hello, I'm in the thru lane with the red light), the second one's foot slipped off her brake and onto the gas because her shoe was wet.

I've said it before, I'll say it again - it's only a car, can't get too wound up over these things...

M

·
0 Posts
I won't get into how it happened, but this one guy was following me in his late 90's bonneville and i was trying to get away from him, to say the least, and he hit is front bumper on my back bumper pretty damn hard (hard enought to make my body jolt forward) but luckily no damage done to bruce. He's a tough ol' boy!

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Originally posted by Lou@Mar 24 2004, 04:21 PM
I've said it before, I'll say it again - it's only a car, can't get too wound up over these things...
only a car that will end up costing me $21,000 when i'm done paying it off. and thats NOT including all the money i've spent on mods and whatnot, so i can't agree with you on that one!! too expensive!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts