1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
No theres not, sorry. Speaking of MP3 players I have a Kenwood Music Keg in my car it is a great thing. 10g of music. I have about 190 CDs loaded on to it. But that not what you are going for. The tape adaptor would be your best bet.

·
Registered
746 Posts
why not just save up some money and do things the right way?

get an alpine head unit, and then get the new alpine I-pod interface. that will yield you best quality transfer of the files, the easiest integration, and the safest operation(since the alpine HU actually controls the I-pod and displays the file names) :)

that is one thing to consider.

with the tape adapter you are going to get some added noise due to the format change and the fact that it is a tape reader. another route is what chris said and ketting the music keg. but unless you have a kenwood HU you will have to FM modulate the signal, resulting in worse quality than the tape adapter...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my Clarion DZX635MP (i think thats the model #) can play mp3's i just dont want to keep wasting CDRs is all....then i also want some bass...so im trying to find a low cost sub/box setup...preferably fosgates....im looking at these:

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-rWynJLWxQE6/c...110S4&s=0&cc=01
or
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-rWynJLWxQE6/c...7600&I=1081030W

then i gotta find a stupid amp....lol i dunno why this racks my brain...seems somewhat simple, then i get confused....u wouldnt think this would happen to someone that does tech work on computers day in and day out :blink:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I wouldnt worry about going with the tape, if you are any kind of audiophile, you will hate the sound quality.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Check eBay for subs and amps. I got 2 - 12" Rockford HE2's for $160 brand new, but I'm yet to build the box for them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts