Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 2003 Taurus with the console mounted CD changer. Being a sales engineer I cannot live with the small capacity left in the console for my receipts, cards, etc. Can the CD changer be mounted in the trunk? Where can I find brackets & wiring harness?

Any help would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
There probably isn't a whole lot that you'll be able to do in terms of mounting it somewhere else, because of Ford's use of proprietary harnesses. You may be able to tap into the harness and lengthen it, but it won't be pretty, and I can't guarantee that it would work. You may, however, be able to get a rf transmitter, but I don't know.

JR

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Originally posted by koolk2@Aug 12 2004, 08:08 AM
Being a sales engineer I cannot live with the small capacity left in the console for my receipts, cards, etc.
Any help would be appreciated
Get a Daytimer. They have recipt envelopes that come with them.

I been doing it that way for 20 plus years

Mike
B)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes, you can mount it in the trunk. You need a factory mounting kit that will come with brackets and the short harness.

I wanted to add a changer to my car, but didn't have ANY cable for changer control in the rear. I called the dealer and they put me in touch with the place that handles their audio and electronics stuff.

The electronics supplier said "Do you want the short harness?" And I told them that I wanted the longer one to put the changer in the console. No problem. They had a kit out to me in a couple days, all factory parts.

Since he asked if I wanted the short harness, I'm sure there's one available. Just need to do some digging. Call the dealer to start. You'll have a coule holes in your console, but should be able to use all of the space.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.