Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never saw a mercury sable except for mine ,because they are not sold in europe , if you want one ,you got to import one.
now i wonder if there are any [famous]movies whit sables in them.
please name lots ,cause i love watching hm.
by the way I LOVE US CARS :chili: :notworthy: :notworthy: :chili:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Hi, Dennis,
I can't think of any movies starring a Sable; movies are usually made with more exotic cars, which are generally provided gratis by manufacturers for promotional considerations. Sables are nice cars, but they're just considered to be a "deluxe" Taurus.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Well there is a Gen 3 Taurus in Spiderman 2 when he falls off a building and hits a Focus, there is a Gen 3 parked right in front of it. Not the star of the movie obviously but it's in there. I will keep thinking.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
There is that movie with a high speed chase in a gen 2 Taurus with that guy from CSI called Jade

Also there is a gen 1 taurus vs. chevy lumina in Days of Thunder

Matter fact, heres a site with listing for Taurus:
http://www.varaces.com/search.php?car1=39&mode=submit

Sorry, but I cant seem to find anything with Sables. I do a search later this evening.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
One of the National Lapoons Vacation movies featured a woodie Taurus wagon. I think it got trashed at the end.

M

·
0 Posts
in the movie "enough" with j-lo, a gen4 gets driven really hard in that movie, during a big chase scene :D

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
No, the Taurus in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation didn't get trashed (although they didn't treat it good either).

There was a G1 Sable in Last Action Hero. The "govinator" drove it into a Checker cab.

"Mercury Sable, airbag standard. Checker cab, no airbag!"

In the move The Conehead, they drove a red G2 Sable with a sunroof/moonroof/hole-in-the-roof. Perfect car for an alien family. It was a driver's ed car with a second steering wheel.

That's about all the movies I can think of with a Sable being driven by the main charaters.

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
the life of david gale had a rented g4 taurus in it..when she needs the car the most..the engine starts on fire LOL watch it :)

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Qwertz9586,

I thought it went over a cliff or something. That could be a diffrent one. Now I remember, in Christmas vacation, it was under a semi trailer. hehe, I love those movies.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Originally posted by fordaspiregv@Jul 24 2004, 05:01 AM
Qwertz9586,

I thought it went over a cliff or something. That could be a diffrent one. Now I remember, in Christmas vacation, it was under a semi trailer. hehe, I love those movies.
Nope. In the original Vacation movie, they abused the Family Truckster (which was a modified Ford LTD Country Squire). I think that's what you'e thinking of since they jumped it like 50 ft and like everything was falling off by the end of the movie.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Originally posted by Sablewagon@Jul 23 2004, 04:42 PM
I can't think of any movies starring a Sable; movies are usually made with more exotic cars, which are generally provided gratis  by manufacturers for promotional considerations. Sables are nice cars, but they're just considered to be a "deluxe" Taurus.
I recall some rap/hip-hop video where the cops had Grand Marquis instead of Crown Vics. Funny.

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by beamout@Jul 23 2004, 05:20 PM
Well there is a Gen 3 Taurus in Spiderman 2 when he falls off a building and hits a Focus, there is a Gen 3 parked right in front of it. Not the star of the movie obviously but it's in there. I will keep thinking.
LOL I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE TO NOTICE THAT!! LOL

Also, Enough I dont know who stars in it... Drives a Taurus (GEN4) She's getting away from a Suburban, but the suburban catches up and bumps it... then I noticed... no "24V DOHC" emblems on the side. SHES A GONNER!! LOL

Sorry Vulcan guys!

SableSal

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
A gen 1 SHO is featured numerous times in Terminator 3. It is rear ended in one scene and the guy gets out and says "HEY, thats my company car!" or something like that. Then it is seen on the street a few times throughout the movie.

The Truman show has a gen 3 SHO in it a few times. The car mysteriously turns into a SLO a few times, too.

Gen 2 SHO has a big part in the movie Bloodwork. It even does a burn out. One of the main charchters drives it.

Gen 1 SHO is Tim Allens car in Santa Clause.

Gen 3 Sable is at the end of Double Jeapordy.

Gen 4 Taurus in High Crimes.

Taurus AND Sable cop cars in this older movie with Samuel L. Jackson...cant remember the name though.

-Kyle

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
For those that watched season 3 of the Shield...about halfway through...Vic got rid of him GM had got a Gen 1 Taurus...and from the looks and what I saw it looked to be a blueish Gen 1. A few high speed chases too, so when It comes out on DVD or is shown on TV again some of you may be interested.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Originally posted by Darthenstein+Jul 24 2004, 08:47 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Darthenstein @ Jul 24 2004, 08:47 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sablewagon@Jul 23 2004, 04:42 PM
I can't think of any movies starring a Sable; movies are usually made with more exotic cars, which are generally provided gratis  by manufacturers for promotional considerations. Sables are nice cars, but they're just considered to be a "deluxe" Taurus.
I recall some rap/hip-hop video where the cops had Grand Marquis instead of Crown Vics. Funny. [/b][/quote]
1- Why is this in Maint and Repair? Should be in Odds and Ends

2- in one of Ludicis' videos, he has an F-150 with a Caddy logo on the front. My friend pointed it out to me...I didn't even notice, but then he said "Cadillac doesn't make trucks..." I think it was the video where he was eating fried chicken at the end.

JR

1 - 20 of 42 Posts