Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had to replace my motor mount on the front right (as in if looking from at engine

[oooooooo]
[oooooooo]T
X

where the x is if this works right.

-Now anyways, are there better mounts you can buy other than the ones at like autozone. I know its hydraulic but its pissin me off, i replaced it once. then a shop put one on that went out in like 2-3 weeks, and the damn motor jumped so high it dented my hood and ripped the liner, and messed up my pain job on the manifold...... So, are there any like high torque mounts for the 3.8 (G-2) or am i stuck with this crappy OEM bullsh*t.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Yeah, the motor mounts suck for these cars. I opened my hood and tested mine witht he engine load method and I thought they where both broken, only to find out they where both fine, they sure are soft.

edit:
Remembered the motor mounts on my volvo have a metal band going around them, while you have the mounts out you cound make up a band setup like this to limit travel and keep the mounts from stretching like hell with all the torque, like the torque strap chain method, but it would be integrated into the motor mount setup.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, i thought about doin the torque strap before, but will it hurt anything.....i've thought about pros and cons, but it seems to me, that with more torque it'll hurt the tranny..........any other comments on the strap anyone...??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts