Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I tried, and failed. Even with the help of a younger man (my son) I was not able to figure out a way to access the upper nuts on the motor mounts of this 3.8 Sable Wagon. I gave up, and took it to Pep Boys, who did the job for $165. (I supplied the mounts) It's amazing how nice and smooth the old buggy drives now! I step on the go-pedal, and the car GOES! Smoothly! It doesn't jump around first. When I shift into Reverse, it just backs up! The motor doesn't bounce off the hood any more...
I like the car again! :)

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
That's cool. We just took the Windstar in last month to get the mounts replaced and the difference was amazing. We didn't even know the mounts were broken (there's a lot of clearance between the engine and the hood and the I figured it was slow was because it was a used minivan) until a mechanic told me about it when I took it in for an alignment. Before, the van was a dog on take-off and shifting, but after, I could roast the tires by putting the pedal to the metal. :coolgleam:

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Al...roasting the tires on the minivan :rolleyes2:

Congrats Gene...amazing what those mounts do. Can you convince my granddad to replace them in his 89 LeSabre?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts