Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son & I decided to try to replace the broken motor mounts in my 95 Sable Essexwagon. What nimrod designed that abortion? We could get the two bottom nuts off, but getting the nuts off the top of those mounts is an exercise in futility. I think I'm taking this to a shop somewhere; I was quoted 3 hours labor by a couple of shops...

Nuts!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Did you drop the rear part of the subframe in order to make it easier to access the mounts?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by mrclean@Jul 3 2004, 08:19 PM
Did you drop the rear part of the subframe in order to make it easier to access the mounts?
We didn't quite get that far. We were trying to find an arm flexible enough to get around the A/C compressor to remove the top nut on the front mount.
Chilton's says to remove the compressor and "set it aside". Where? There's no room to move anywhere there. Removing the compressor requires removing the serpentine belt first, too. Getting at the compressor also means working around the P/S pump. And the list goes on...
I wish I had a Model A. Or my first car, a 1949 Ford flathead V-8. I could work on those cars. :angry:

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
The thing is, with Chilton's or Haynes, they already took the engine out of the car when they wrote that part. :mad:

I would recommend taking it to a shop you trust. If you think about how hard it is, it's probably easier to pay someone to do it for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts