Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I need to replace both engine mounts on a 1992 3.0L Taurus L, I would like to know if has anyone used the ANCHOR motor mount and if it worth buying.

Thanks!

·
Registered
374 Posts
I've sold them for over five years now, no complaints on them yet, on any application.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
its a great mount. good rep. but dont know if its worth it on a 92. the 3.0l isnt a high torque engine. its got decent power but its not known for popping mounts. if you drive hard and the engine has a lot of life as well as the trans then it might be worth it.
under normal driving conditions a factory mount is good for 70000 + miles. i even have gotten 170000 ( highway ) out of factory mounts before needing replacing.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine is 97k mls, I drive really smooth, but one of them are broken and it is possible to feel the engine "jumping" when I go from D to R. I will try the mount, it is not a daily car, just a car I will keep because it is in really good shape and dont worth selling it.

Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
1,090 Posts
I used the anchor mount for the 3.8 and it seems that it only lasted for about 50k before I needed another one. I replaced it with the dealer part later, and no problems so far...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts