Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed a cone filter today :D

spectre filter from autozone I had bought a while back that failed me when I set it up last time :(

this time I used the factory MAF sensor connector and fiberglassed a connection plate for the MAF holder to bolt onto the filter :huh:

the bolts go through the fiberglass into the rubber adaptors (for different pipe sizes) :huh:

sounds normal below 2k rpm but after that the noise becomes a very low tone :D

better throttle response compared to K&N filter and removed intake silencer setup :eek:

and I can't find my camera's USB cable :(

but when I do I have pictures :)

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
QUOTE (Kiddchaos @ Apr 7 2010, 10:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=796051
So I installed a cone filter today :D

spectre filter from autozone I had bought a while back that failed me when I set it up last time :(

this time I used the factory MAF sensor connector and fiberglassed a connection plate for the MAF holder to bolt onto the filter :huh:

the bolts go through the fiberglass into the rubber adaptors (for different pipe sizes) :huh:

sounds normal below 2k rpm but after that the noise becomes a very low tone :D

better throttle response compared to K&N filter and removed intake silencer setup :eek:

and I can't find my camera's USB cable :(

but when I do I have pictures :)[/b]
doubt that.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Just remember, more noise doesn't equal faster. I bet it does sound pretty nice, though.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
QUOTE (Kiddchaos @ Apr 8 2010, 10:53 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=796134
QUOTE (FFVulcanPowah @ Apr 8 2010, 09:55 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=796119
Just remember, more noise doesn't equal faster. I bet it does sound pretty nice, though.[/b]
I agree, it feels faster though so I'm gonna take it to the drag strip and run both of them to see which is faster
[/b][/quote]

I can guarantee you just made you car slower in comparison to a good filter in your stock airbox without the snork-o-cone. :thumb:;) i'm not trying to be a downer but there is proof out there already that a WAI /> CAI.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts