Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Done:
ARP Head Studs
Anti-pump up lifters, 7,000 RPM capable ('86-'92 or all w/ conversion)
Flat Out Gaskets RCC rubber coated copper head gakets (FWD and RWD version in stock!), in .050" (Std) or .090" (super/turbocharged).
Stage 8 Header bolts (can not back out)
ARP main studs
ARP timing cover/waterpump sets
ARP intake sets
Adjustable valvetrain and Pushrod guide plates
Hardened 5/16" pushrods ('86-'92 only) for the guide plates
Solid roller pushrod conversion
and more...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The factory head bolts actually stretch to keep the torque even, but they also "yeild" if over torqued (stretch to a point of uselessness). That is why they are called "Torque-to-Yeild" fasteners. Engineering double talk for "toss them in the trash once torqued". They can not be reused, or "cinched up" to aid in sealing. The ARP studs can be torqued to almost double the factory specs (not recommended!), and are reuseable. Since I was out to get a quality head gaskets that won't turn in to a kazoo under boost, the head studs were a logical off-shoot.
They add NO horsepower, but allow you to use a .090" head gasket to increase your boost through the roof. So, it "supports" higher HP.
They can also be used with a stock thickness Flat Out Rubber Coated Copper Head Gasket, for NA engines...

Check my site (below) for more info...

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
I just want to say HI to you fred. Your site was the first I found when I originally got my taurus. It has been very helpful to me.

EDIT: I have been looking for 1.7:1 Roller rockers for my Vulcan. Do you happen to know of anyone that makes a set to where I don't have to have the pedastals milled? I have been talking to Camcraft Cams about making them; they said they were talking to a vendor about making them, but nothing as of yet. I was also looking for a cam, but I don't think I want to go through the trouble of pulling the engine to install it.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
I have the stage 8 header bolts on my supercoupe.. PRICELESS!!!

Jeramie

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
vulcan and performance in the same sentance???
jk

i want to do some heads for my 95 taurus. thinkin of shaving them down just a hair, then redoing some of the internals. what is some stuff i can do on a short budget and not go overboard. daily driver with fwd tranny....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by SilverKnight@Oct 22 2004, 11:19 PM
what is some stuff i can do on a short budget and not go overboard. daily driver with fwd tranny....
Geta DIY port and polish kit from Eastwood or fire up the Dremel. THe heads can get a good deal of power from even a home-brew port and polish, just don't make the intake ports any bigger! They are already huge for the displacement. Invest in a good 3 angle valve job (cheap) and put them together with new valve locks and springs. Should be fine...

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by Fredness@Oct 22 2004, 11:38 PM
Geta DIY port and polish kit from Eastwood or fire up the Dremel. THe heads can get a good deal of power from even a home-brew port and polish, just don't make the intake ports any bigger! They are already huge for the displacement. Invest in a good 3 angle valve job (cheap) and put them together with new valve locks and springs. Should be fine...
so the intake ports on the heads are fine... its just the path leading to the intake ports on the heads that needs the work... right? Just askin, b/c i was gonna tinker around with some gasket matching on my UIM and LIM this holiday. Heads will be another day for sure.

Fredness....you rock.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts