Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I replaced my spark plugs and wires this past weekend because of the p0300. I took the plenum off and cracked the egr tube half way. Autozone does not carry that part so I was screwed. I was able to get everything back together and now I'm getting p0171, p0174, and the notorious p0300 twice!!! I called the dealer and the egr valve tube is a special order for $100 bucks. Since I'm going to have the intake off should I change the o2 sensors, MAF sensor, oil filter gasket, egr valve, and fuel pressure regulator??? Also, the egr tube is cracked flush with nut that goes into the exhaust manifold, what size is that nut so I can get it a socket? Is it hard to get off? Any precautions?? I'm a good mechanic but this is my first ford and man it's not looking good at all!!!! The new oem spark plugs and wires have made a huge difference in the pickup but the idling blows. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!!!

·
Super Moderator
8,732 Posts
The 171 and 174 are likely a vacuum leak effecting both banks. Are you 100% sure you hooked up all the vac lines and didnt crack any of the plastic ones when changing plugs and intake gaskets? Might be a good idea to check LTFT on both banks at idel and at cruise and compare them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts