Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking to do some low bugget up grades any ideas im really looking to upgrade to a 360 degree air filter and maybe a do-it yourself cold air intake any help would be nice love to here tires spin on a straight line dry pavment take off i have a 3.0 ohv 02 taurusB)

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
Topic Finder.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Only if you are willing to photographically document your work! B)

I guess I get to be the first to say that your car already has a factory "cold air intake" and that it won't deliver hardly, if any, hp gains. But that doesn't seam to stop anyone from messing with it! lol

Some people will say to just open up the J-tube(goes from airbox into fender-well and looks like a saxophone) and remove the silencer to get some pleasant noise out of it.

Some people will say to make a real short one (warm air intake) that basically has the filter attached to the maf (and then everyone will argue about it).

Everyone is gonna add their $.02 about aftermarket filter and whether k&n oil is bad or a cone is just overkill and that an oem filter is sufficient.

I personally just completed my intake work... I left the stock air box. Installed a k&n panel filter. but removed the J-tube and used a piece of flex-pipe just long enough to reach into the fender well so that I was sure I was getting cold, non-engine compartment air. The tube is from spectre performance and is available at many auto-stores(got mine at schucks). and I sealed the rubber gromet pice to the air box using black silicone. I like it. It's simple and wasn't crazy expensive and sounds purdy nice when the rpms start getting up to 3k+...

I say do whatever makes you happy though! and have fun :)

heres pics of mine... One from up top obviously and the other looking up into the fender.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts