Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some more pics of my new SHO. As I said in the other topic it's a 1998, black, with gray interior. It's pictured with my 1998 Taurus SE 3.0L Vulcan and 1997 Expedition XLT 5.4L Triton V8. Finally got the 98 SE sold at the end of last week. This time I have some pictures of the engine and the interior.

You can definitly say I am a loyal Taurus fan!! :lol: I have owned to this date:
92 L
97 SHO
98 SE
98 SHO
99 SE
00 SEL
01 SE

I love this car though. I want to keep it for a long time. It's great! Let me know if you have any comments/suggestions for it!

-Kyle

Attachments

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
98 Taurus SE, 97 Expedition XLT, 98 Taurus SHO

Attachments

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rear ends

Attachments

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SHO Interior (it's all blueish because of a sun shade :p )

Attachments

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
console, climate controls, stereo

Attachments

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I love the SHO and the Expedition. I just had both of them washed yesturday so they are sparkling clean. B) They are both completely different vehicles though. The SHO has extremely tight steering (to the point where it almost feels like there is no power steering, except at real low speeds) while the Expedition is real loose. The Expedition is fun around town because it has gobs of low end torque and it sounds great. The SHO is awesome on the freeway because it ALSO sounds great and has more top end power. I think I like both equally. I would drive either anywhere (except no off-roading in the SHO.)

You already have a cool car Ashley, you don't have to wait to have a cool line up. :p

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
That is one beautiful SHO Kyle, i love how clean the Engine is. Makes me wish i had one :icon_cry: oh well, someday.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Originally posted by kjw86ca@Jul 29 2004, 01:52 PM
The SHO has extremely tight steering (to the point where it almost feels like there is no power steering, except at real low speeds)
That's the VAPS for ya... gotta love it! :) BTW, If it feels TOO tight, like tighter than your 97 SHO was, the VAPS/SARC fuse could be blown, which cuts the PS to like 60% assist by default. I think it's the fourth one from the left on the engine side of the underhood fuse panel.

Beautiful SHO, BTW. Is it that one that you saw in the parking lot last year? I remember you posting a bunch of pics... at least I think it was you.

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by SixFoFalcon@Jul 29 2004, 01:32 PM
That's the VAPS for ya... gotta love it! :) BTW, If it feels TOO tight, like tighter than your 97 SHO was, the VAPS/SARC fuse could be blown, which cuts the PS to like 60% assist by default. I think it's the fourth one from the left on the engine side of the underhood fuse panel.

Beautiful SHO, BTW. Is it that one that you saw in the parking lot last year? I remember you posting a bunch of pics... at least I think it was you.
I honestly cannot remember how the 97 SHO felt. We never drove it much. It has been too long and too many cars since then. I remember the steering was a lot tighter than the 99 I drove at the same time.

It's funny that you mention the SHO I posted pics of. It looked exactly like this (except it had clear corners and cross drilled rotors.) Anyway, the reason it's funny is my friend said it looked just like that one and mentioned "IT could be the same one." It was the day I picked it up he said that I think. The car you were talking about was parked wayyyyyyyy out in the parking lot of a Pick-a-Part. The owner obviously took good care of it. It was SUPER SUPER clean.

Taurus-Taurus-Excursion....you are one crazy man, Kyle!!!!
Don't you mean Expedition? :p And why is that crazy? :)

-Kyle

1 - 20 of 23 Posts