Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well first off I wanted to get my alarm put on my car before it got broken into here in Albuquerque. I had some problems with that but as a hole it wasn't too hard to do. I just needed to sleep on my problems and they worked themselves out. While I was under the dash and had most of it off I did a few other things. I installed my Bulldog remote start system, with no problems. Then while all the hard plastics parts off the dash I painted them to match the car.
NEXT WEEK
Shaved door handle kit, gauges, LED and more.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Originally posted by carraudio@Sep 19 2004, 08:39 PM
NEXT WEEK
Shaved door handle kit, gauges, LED and more.
Can't wait to see that. I've wondered what they looked like on a Taurus/Sable. Be sure to post some picts!! Looks awesome so far though!

Zach

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I won't be taking the handles off until I get the car repainted.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
What kind of paint did you use?

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dupli-color from Wal-Mart. When you do it ask yourself if you want the paint nice and smooth like the outside or if you want to keep it textured like it already is. If you want it smooth then you will need to prime it first, then sand it with 400grit sand paper. If not just sand the plastic a little to make sure your paint will stick. Also don't do it when it is cold out, because it will take longer for the paint to harden. I know there has been a few people saying you don't need to prime your plastic and they are right, it just depends on what finish you want in the end.

S

·
0 Posts
Looks good.

I personally matured out of the whole Shaved door thing. But it might come back to me if I ever get bored...

Sal

·
Premium Member
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What I want to do is get 4" linear actuators on all four doors so when I push the door button on my remote that door will open. If I keep the handles I am at least going to remove the locks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts