Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the 3.0L Vulcan, on which gen did they start using a different upper intake and throttle body to give more HP? Gen III 96-99? How easy is it to change to a newer upper intake and TB and how do you port/polish? This supposedly gives another 28HP from what I've heard.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
Originally posted by Non SHO'er@Aug 27 2004, 03:00 AM
This supposedly gives another 28HP from what I've heard.
No way... never. 2-8HP, maybe?

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
The Gen IV has a composite (plastic) UIM. It added 10BHP because of the smoother intake runners. It also keeps the air charge cooler because plastic is less heat conducitve than aluminum. The downside is that there are cases where the engine would backfire and literally blow apart the comosite UIM.

The stock Hp rating for a G4 Vulcan - 155
The stock Hp rating for a G3 Vulcan - 145

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Bob and I had kicked this idea around for bit, but I lost interest in it after I started looking for my SHO. I would think this would be a direct bolt on, except for the distributor location. I have bolt a 2G and 4G vulcan, I should get in there with a tape measure and see.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
The 4g should bold up easilly. The only problem I see is the stuff that is attatched to the back of the older manifolds would have a problem fitting on the newer manifold. *shrugs* who knows.

G

·
I have a G4 upper intake that I was going to adapt to the 97. It looks like it's just a matter of re-routing some lines. Not that hard to do, but time consuming. Since the car's being sold, it won't get done on mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts