Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, FNG here...
Anyways, has anyone used the ported intakes that Morana sells?? They list for $175 with a core exchange, and it says that they fit the ford V6 from 1988 to 1998. Are they talking about the Vulcan or what here. I have a 1992 Taurus GL with the 3.8l. Will it fit? Is $175 a good price? Will I notice a performance difference?
Thanks, NEO

A

·
0 Posts
No, it will not fit. The 3.8 and the vulcan intake are completely different.

edit: http://www.moranav6racing.com/parts2.html If that is what you are looking at, then it should work for the taurus. Your best bet is to e-mail them to be sure. I know they do vulcan parts as well. But this may work for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, i'll ask them.
Also, does anyone know how much it costs to have heads ported and polished? Do local shops do that kind of thing. I figured I'd ask here first, since I can just hear my local shop guy roaring with laughter "You want to port and polish WHAT?!! Bwa hahaha". Anyways, thanks.
NEO

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
I checked at my local race shop to see how much ported heads would cost. They qoted me $900. Morana sells the stage 3 heads for $850. Who knows what the 3.8 heads would cost. I imagine probably close to what ported vulcan heads cost.

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
doesnt Doc sell P&P products under Ghost Performance?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Originally posted by Adam B.@Feb 16 2004, 12:55 PM
No, it will not fit. The 3.8 and the vulcan intake are completely different.

edit: http://www.moranav6racing.com/parts2.html If that is what you are looking at, then it should work for the taurus. Your best bet is to e-mail them to be sure. I know they do vulcan parts as well. But this may work for you.
Is that for the Essex or Vulcan? And why does it show a pic of a LIM instead of an UIM (when you click the link that says, "Click to see")?

B

·
0 Posts
I just read through the Vulcan page. I think I need to start selling ported and polished stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts