Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that I am going to have trouble with the plastic moulding around the moonroof. It is now closed tight and I think water leak sealed. .....need to remove the fuse or cut the power. 1997 Taurus LX 3.0 Duratec. ...can't find the info in my owners manual. Help, please!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
....in other words, ...that might be planner. .....I want to cut all power off that goes to the moonroof so no one can attempt to open it.

·
Registered
22,676 Posts
May check the rectangular opening in the headliner directly behind the moonroof to see if there's a way to disable the motor. Fwiw, that plastic surround broke up on my '99 and went in trash. My intention was to attempt to replace with 1 from the jy but never did. We occasionally used the moonroof off and on for years without leaks or problems?

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you're has the sunroof/moonroof combo, they don't actually seal. What you would be looking at is clogged drains. There are two in front and one in back. I tie pipe cleaners together and poke the debris out. You can go to youtube and type in unclog sunroof drains.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts