Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hadn't been able to find this info posted anywhere, so I thought it might be useful to someone. I emailed Monroe's technical support department and asked for specifications on the springs included with the Quick-Struts. These are listed to fit 1996-2007 Taurus and Sable. Part numbers are 171615 (front) and 171616 (rear).

Here's the response in case anyone else was curious.

Thank you for your interest in Monroe suspension products. The front
springs have a spring rate of 142 pounds per inch. The design load for the
front coil springs is 912 pounds per spring. The rear springs have a
spring rate of 137 pounds per inch. The design load per rear spring is 455
pounds.[/b]
keywords: quick-strut, quickstrut, quick strut, monroe springs, spring rate, load rating

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Excellent info! :thumb:

·
Registered
58 Posts
I plan on getting both sets done on my 2000 FFV Taurus next month with quick stuts. Easier to replace the whole unit than putting a set together for me. Found 171616 online new for 127.89 each and 171615 for 159.00 each. :tcca_small:

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
can u use the quickstruts if u lower ur car using eibach 1"? or would getting monroe senstatrac by itself would be better?

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
The quickstrut is a strut and spring assembly with all new parts. You would probably just need the sensatrac if you all ready have lowering springs. :)
[/b]

someone told me, that the quickstruts would actually raise the car if the vehicle has been lowered.

·
Registered
180 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
The quickstrut is a strut and spring assembly with all new parts. You would probably just need the sensatrac if you all ready have lowering springs. :)
[/b]

someone told me, that the quickstruts would actually raise the car if the vehicle has been lowered.
[/b][/quote]

Do the quick struts come with the lower bolt that needs to be replaced? Thanks. Jim

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm pretty sure they don't come with new pinch bolts. You'll have to pick those up separately...either from the dealer, or an auto parts store might carry them.

someone told me, that the quickstruts would actually raise the car if the vehicle has been lowered.[/b]
Any suspension setup that doesn't have lowering springs will obviously raise the car back up...Quick-Struts/SHO springs/MOOGs/Aftermarket stock replacement springs/etc will all be around stock height.

On a Gen2, if the springs aren't Eibach, Intrax, or Ground Control coilovers, it's not lowered.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I'm pretty sure they don't come with new pinch bolts. You'll have to pick those up separately...either from the dealer, or an auto parts store might carry them.

someone told me, that the quickstruts would actually raise the car if the vehicle has been lowered.[/b]
Any suspension setup that doesn't have lowering springs will obviously raise the car back up...Quick-Struts/SHO springs/MOOGs/Aftermarket stock replacement springs/etc will all be around stock height.

On a Gen2, if the springs aren't Eibach, Intrax, or Ground Control coilovers, it's not lowered.
[/b]

Is there anything that can be addes to the QUickstruts to make it adjustable? I need new supension quicky and I may lower the car in a few years.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The springs can always be changed later...the quickstruts come preassembled, but there's no reason you couldn't take them apart and change springs later.

IMHO it kind of defeats the purpose of them, though...it makes more sense to me to lower the car the first time instead of taking it apart again and replacing things a second time. That way you only pay for one suspension setup rather than two. :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
The information for the rear rate is incorrect; Monroe 171616 uses spring 80093, which is 94 lb/in and design load of 543 lbs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts