Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom just got a 2004 Sable LS Premium, EVERY OPTION! :coolgleam: She picks it up Wednesday. This will be replacing her 2003 Saturn VUE. I'll try to get a few pics. :banana:

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
YEAH!!! Saturns are for sissys. :chili:

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
YAAAAAAAAAY!!!! I PEED IN YOUR POOL!!!! OR ON YOUR SATURN!!!! YAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!

Hope she enjoys the Sable...I'm sure she will, especially after the disappointment of a Saturn...

JR

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
the more i think about our new 2004 taurus, i think we could have gotten a low low milage used volvo, saab, audi, or just something nicer with more options, yes, we would have paid a lil more, but u get a free 100k warranty and alot more luxury and prestige

·
Registered
663 Posts
Pretty much what I was thinking. If I were to dump a significant amount of money into a new car, it wouldn't be a Taurus or a Sable. A completely loaded new Sable is like...? $26k?

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Your right, you could have something more exotic for that kind of money. But look at it this way, usually those luxury brands cost more to repair, more electronic gremlins exist and cost more to insure. Plus, its still a USED CAR.

You got a nice, stable car that won't give you very much trouble. The best warranties are the ones you don't use.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by civicex@Jun 28 2004, 10:24 PM
Pretty much what I was thinking.  If I were to dump a significant amount of money into a new car, it wouldn't be a Taurus or a Sable.  A completely loaded new Sable is like...?  $26k?
27k to be exact ;) But with the incetives and rebates, etc. and my Uncle's Ford A Plan, they got it for 18k out the door. B)

Plus, the car is exactly what my mom wanted, a fully loaded Sable has tons of nice little touches everywhere. Hers has heated mirrors, mach audio, climate control, trip computer (calculates fuel economy, miles to empty, engine diagnostics, etc.), indoor/outdoor temp gauge, electrochromic auto dimming mirror, Duratec, leather, power seats, adjustable pedals, side airbags, traction control, abs, auto-lams, fog lights and I know there's more I'm forgetting. With the solid Gen 4 Powertrane and all the nice touches, I think it's a heck of a car even when paying full price. You are getting a nice, high quality mid-sized "luxury" sedan. :)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by godspunk32@Jun 28 2004, 09:57 PM
YAAAAAAAAAY!!!! I PEED IN YOUR POOL!!!! OR ON YOUR SATURN!!!! YAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!

Hope she enjoys the Sable...I'm sure she will, especially after the disappointment of a Saturn...

JR
lol :lol: The Saturn actually was a huge disappointment. It has been back to the dealership with warranty claims on, I think, 8 different occasions. I won't get into that, but she is getting rid of it with only 18k miles on the clock. :blink:

Anyways, I think she'll really enjoy the Sable. :D

btw... for anybody wondering, there are some killer incentives and rebates out on the Sable right now, not sure on the Taurus though. :)

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Does it have 4-wheel disc brakes? I looked at Mercury's website but couldn't find if did anywhere.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Gen IVs don't come with disc brakes at all four corners. The only Tauri that came with four corner discs were the Gen III Tauri/Sables with the ABS option that also added the dual exhaust and the SHO models (not sure which generations). Other than that, you're stuck with front disc and rear drum...

It's good that she got the 'tec...she'll like it!

JR

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Originally posted by godspunk32@Jun 29 2004, 04:23 AM
Gen IVs don't come with disc brakes at all four corners. The only Tauri that came with four corner discs were the Gen III Tauri/Sables with the ABS option that also added the dual exhaust and the SHO models (not sure which generations). Other than that, you're stuck with front disc and rear drum...

JR
Not true. Gen IV wagons can have all around disc brakes.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Originally posted by godspunk32@Jun 29 2004, 07:23 AM

JR
Also earlier non-Sho's could be had with 4 wheel discs too. My '93 GL vulcan had 'em.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Also, police package cars had 4-wheel disc. All SHO's have disc/disc combo, too.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Originally posted by dIESEL600+Jun 29 2004, 07:57 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dIESEL600 @ Jun 29 2004, 07:57 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-godspunk32@Jun 29 2004, 07:23 AM
Gen IVs don't come with disc brakes at all four corners.  The only Tauri that came with four corner discs were the Gen III Tauri/Sables with the ABS option that also added the dual exhaust and the SHO models (not sure which generations).  Other than that, you're stuck with front disc and rear drum...

JR
Also earlier non-Sho's could be had with 4 wheel discs too. My '93 GL vulcan had 'em. [/b][/quote]
you didn't need a tec or sho in gen iii to get four wheel disks, our 98 vulcan has four wheel disks and abs, but then again it was a fmr fleet car which explains why it was equippes as such

·
Registered
307 Posts
are you guys serious we have a saturn vue AWD V6 and it kicks ass. its a 2002. i wish we would of waiting because now they come with a honda V6 3.5 VTEC with 250 HP witch can kick any (normal) taurus so lets so a little respect. and you really shouldnt talk unless you have driven or have one. dont judt go off stuff you read. im not trying to start anything im jus sticking up for a car i really like a lot and have had no problems in a year.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by trojan@Jun 29 2004, 10:20 AM
are you guys serious we have a saturn vue AWD V6 and it kicks ass. its a 2002. i wish we would of waiting because now they come with a honda V6 3.5 VTEC with 250 HP witch can kick any (normal) taurus so lets so a little respect. and you really shouldnt talk unless you have driven or have one. dont judt go off stuff you read. im not trying to start anything im jus sticking up for a car i really like a lot and have had no problems in a year.
I'm glad you had good luck with yours, but ours was a POS. Very rattly, low quality, had NO power, had electronic problems, windshield cracked for no reason, fuel gauge quit working, gas tank filler tube leaked, and much much more... All this and we are getting rid of it with 18k miles on the clock. :blink: <_<

And why on earth would GM be using a Honda engine in those?? :rolleyes: :unsure: :p

·
Premium Member
405 Posts
Originally posted by jason8225@Jun 29 2004, 12:41 PM

And why on earth would GM be using a Honda engine in those?? :rolleyes: :unsure: :p
Well, the best thing that ever happened to the Taurus was getting a Japanese Yamaha engine in it!!

Now, I am not someone who would ever consider a Saturn (actually, a 2005 Subaru Legacy GT 5-speed will be the next car in the coming months), but they are pretty damn good for what they are (your mother's car sounds like an exception). Plus, they do OK in the handling arena in the SCCA (which is more than Ford can say with the Taurus/Sable).

There's a lot of good cars out there! For the cost of a non-A-Plan Taurus/Sable (mid $20K range) you have the WRX, Legacy, Forester, Altima, etc that are a lot of car for the money.

Liking the Taurus/Sable car models doesn't mean that they are the best on the market, or that others suck. All depends on what you want, and if your want something in the performance vein, the Taurus/Sable is about the LAST choice in that price range.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Originally posted by trojan@Jun 29 2004, 09:20 AM
Why can't people just hit the "Spell Check" button underneath their posting. Don't take this personally; it applies to a large number of people, but it's getting so damn difficult to read some of these posts...

JR

1 - 20 of 38 Posts