Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 Taurus with some sort of electronic module with part # FODF6C625-AA. It sits right above the chime module. It looks like a little grey box. If anyone knows what this module does, please let me know.

Thanks,
David

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
From what I can tell it's a relay for the low oil level indicator.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
QUOTE (trainguy1989 @ Jul 6 2009, 10:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=737603
QUOTE (Stocker @ Jul 6 2009, 11:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=737587
From what I can tell it's a relay for the low oil level indicator.[/b]
I wonder why the SHO's and the Taurus LX's had these relays and the GL's did not.
[/b][/quote]

i just thought that it was a luxury thing
i mean its a luxury to know when your fluids are low with out popping the hood.
as far as the gl goes the only way you know your low is then the oil pressure light comes on during moderate to high G cornering

·
Registered
77 Posts
as far as the gl goes the only way you know your low is then the oil pressure light comes on during moderate to high G cornering[/b]
:ford:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"as far as the gl goes the only way you know your low is then the oil pressure light comes on during moderate to high G cornering"
Love it. :rofl2:

Another question, does anyone know where the door ajar module is located?

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
The light is illuminated when one of the door switches is open and it grounds the light circuit. There is no module.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (SHOZ123 @ Jul 7 2009, 07:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=737644
The light is illuminated when one of the door switches is open and it grounds the light circuit. There is no module.[/b]
oh ok. This leads me to my next question... When I open my doors the light never illuminates. Does this have to do with the fact that my original 94 GL cluster did not have a door ajar light? The SHO cluster I installed has one so how could I get it to work?

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
I show that all three ICs for '94 have the circuit. Perhaps the bulb is burnt out?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
QUOTE (SHOZ123 @ Jul 7 2009, 11:15 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=737690
I show that all three ICs for '94 have the circuit. Perhaps the bulb is burnt out?[/b]
I checked and replaced all the bulbs when I installed the SHO cluster. The chime module will alert me to a open drivers door, but nothing else. Where would I go to check the circuit/wiring? I also installed a low washer fluid sensor for the SHO cluster and it seems it does not want to work either. I was just trying to get some of the extra lights that came with the SHO cluster to work.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I looked everything over today and everything looks ok... From what I can tell everything should work. Is there anything else I might try?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts