Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know how much of a gain in power are people getting from whatever performance chips they are using. How much gains are there to see on a stock setup versus gains inb a higher flow intake/exhaust setup. I would like to know because i plan on getting one in the future. I have a K&N panel filter, no intake or exhaust resonator, and a flowmaster 40s on single exhaust. I have a g3 vulcan. I'm guessing my current setup has gained maybe (hopefully) 3-5 HP. I know that a chip would take advantage of these modifications to gain power but what is the average amount of power gained?

·
Premium Member
14,127 Posts
Originally posted by americanmotorsport.com@Aug 11 2004, 07:37 AM
On a Vulcan 10-15 tq and 10-15hp down low, and maybe 8 up top on average
Alberto

I have a question for you. I was doing some OBDII data recording with the AutoTap and my laptop the other day. I noticed a torque output that can be monitored. The best I got was 230lb/ft on my '97 SHO without any real attempt other than WOT.

How accurate is this and how is the calculation done?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Spy2520, Americanmotorsports estimates are pretty much standard for other chip manufacturers as well. However, most people recomend American Motorsport because they have excellent customer relations and have really embraced the Taurus community. If you want a chip for your car, I would go with them.
~~Maverick~~

1 - 5 of 5 Posts